|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Nikon Rumors is reporting that Nikon is planning to concentrate on mid to high end DSLRs, mirrorless cameras and lenses for both types of systems.
Nikon Rumors summarizes:
- The Nikon camera business is undergoing a major restructuring.
- This is a quote: “bringing in multiple mirrorless cameras at an early stage” – to me this means announcing multiple mirrorless cameras soon.
- Nikon is taking an aggressive approach to rebuild their camera business.
- Nikon has no plans for closing domestic or overseas manufacturing plants at the present time.
- In the future Nikon will concentrate their resources on medium to high-end DSLR cameras and lenses as well as mirrorless cameras.
- Nikon will have fewer models in the future.
- Nikon still wants to develop a high-end compact camera.
A world with only Canon making DSLRs (apologies to Sony & Pentax) likely isn’t good for anyone, so here’s hoping Nikon continues to make great DSLRs in their vision.