What does CR Guy See Coming?
As always, trying to predict what giant multinational corporations is going to do with product development can be hard, but I'll give it a go.
Canon needs to get back in the game as far as DSLR's go. There is a perception that Canon has fallen behind Nikon as far as tech goes. Is it true? Maybe a little bit. There's no reason Canon can't be out front of Nikon, they have the resources and manufacturing capabilities to take back the crown.
1Ds Mark IV
– 32mp or higher sensor.
– Same autofocus system as 1D4
– New video features to separate it from the rest of the lineup.
– DIGIC IV
The Rebel Line
– Two new cameras
– One camera will be 12mp and the other 18mp (Same as the 7D)
– One camera will have an articulating display
– Both cameras will have movie modes, one being better than the other.
– Ergonomic upgrades (Scrollwheel!) Maybe more of a wish than a prediction
– New chipped batteries
– Both cameras in the 3fps to 4fps range
– 18mp sensor (Same as 7D)
– 720p Video Mode @ 30fps. 1080p maybe.
– A new autofocus system based on the 7D, but less focus points.
– Missing some of the 7D bells and whistles like the electronic level.
– Smaller VF than the 7D
– This is actually a hard camera to predict. What will they leave out from the 7D?
– FF in the 16-21mp range.
– DIGIC V
– New sensor technology
– Same size as 5D2
– 7D Autofocus system
– 1080p movie mode, same as 5D2
EVIL (Electronic viewfinder interchangeable lenses)
There will be no Micro 4/3 style camera from Canon in 2010. If they ever get on board, they will be the last one to do so.
So that makes 5 new SLR's in 2010. That could be far fetched, but why not? 2010 is going to be a better year for most everyone.
Part 2 (Later today)
I will focus on lenses.
I belive next step for body’s is to change the conection system with the lens, there will be in the future more body’s than lenses if they continue to add new models so fast. I can not spend so much money to buy so much technology but if I buy one good lens in two years will steel be a good one.
Is it a 30 day riskless trial?
There are enough APS-C and Full Frame models from Canon. But only APS-H sensor camera is 1D Mark X.
They should bring new model with APS-H sensor in the name of “9D” or replace the 7D sensor in next 7D mark ii with APS-H.
So I’m thinking…..
I’m going to get the 550D this summer, but should I wait a little bit and hope the price will fall for 7D to what the current price is for 550D?