There is some renewed talk about the Canon Cinema EOS C50, as sleuths around the web try to put together previous information to make a prediction about what the Cinema EOS C50 is going to be.
With Panasonic announcing the Panasonic BGH1 4K cinema camera in box camera form factor, there is renewed interest in what the Canon Cinema EOS C50 will be.
There are now some suggestions that the Canon Cinema EOS C50 will too be a box camera. This I cannot confirm or deny at this time.
Keep in mind that these drawings are from 2018, so a lot may have changed since then.
Canon Cinema EOS C50
- Super 35mm 4K sensor (same as the Cinema EOS C200)
- No IBIS
- RF Mount
- Internal ND (10 Stops)
- CLog 2 & CLog 3
- 4:2:0 8bit internally onto SD cards up to 4K60 & 1080/120
- 4:2:2: 10bit external in HD
- No RAW
- Dual LP-E6NH battery slot
- Price: $3299 (This price isn't confirmed, as the rumored pricing of the Cinema EOS C70 was wrong)
The announcement for the Canon Cinema EOS C50 has reportedly been delayed, and I currently don't know when we can expect an announcement, but I definitely don't expect on before the Cinema EOS C70 begins shipping in good numbers.
More to come…