|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Random bits of information
5D Mark III (or similar) announced in the February timeframe.
- Different sensor than the 1D Mark V
- It is still not clear whether it will have 26, 28 or 32 megapixel.
- The sensor tech of the 1D Mark V will be used for future crop bodies e.g. the 7D Mark II.
- The 7D Mark II is a late 2012 camera.
- Expect significantly better noise reduction in high ISO modes.
- Another full frame camera for sports and press this fall?
- Announcements could be as early as the week of August 29, 2011.
EF 14-24 f/2.8L
I’m told this will be announced in Q1 2012.
This is a big [CR1], I am posting information that is at least plausible. Grain of salt and all that. Various rumor sites are going to get a lot of stuff coming our way in the next few weeks, sorting it is always a challenge.