The 7D rumor that was here briefly was supposed to remain a draft in WordPress, not get published… apologies for that.
Someone claiming to have seen the final proofs for the 60D brochure says these are the specs of the upcoming 60D.
I’d love to see a photograph of the brochure. All submissions are anonymous!
Here are some of the specs:
– sensor seems to be a tweaked version of the current 15MP sensor (better
DR, better high ISO IQ, eliminated pattern banding at high ISO)
– 98%-coverage, 0.96x magnification VF
– 3″, 1150K-pixel, active-matrix, organic LED display (25% higher-res than
current 960K screens)
– 19-pt., all-cross type area AF ellipse (basically, the current 1-series AF
point layout w/o the 26-pt. assist AF pts.; the new 1-series apparently will
have an all-new 45-pt., all-cross type AF module; what limits Canon from
drastically reworking the AF-point layout is the fact that all the currrent
Speedlights have AF-assist beam patterns that are designed only for 7, 9 &
45-pt. AF layouts–they just can’t make a new area AF design or add more AF
pts. that easily because of that).
– 1080p@30fps full HD video with full manual controls and contrast-
detect AF, stereo audio inputs
– 7.4FPS@14-bit mode (CIPA-standard testing method)
– new DiGIC V is more than 2x faster than current DiGICIV, enables
onboard processing of all those DPP functions still not done in-camera
with the current cams (i.e., lateral CA correction, geometric
distortion correction, better highlight & shadow detail extraction,
plus new “Diffraction Elimination” function: pixel-level contrast
enhancement and sharpening to counteract aperture-related diffraction
– AE microadjustment; +/- 3 EV range with 1/6EV steps; separate saved
corrections for Evaluative, CWA, Partial and Spot metering
– new higher capacity, slightly higher-voltage (to drive the faster
mechanicals & electrical readouts for the higher framerate), chipped
Li-Polymer battery (LP-E7), with new, magnesium-alloy framed BG-E7
battery grip with AF-ON and mini-joystick selector buttons duplicated
– lastly, an all-new, pleasantly surprising “feature” that would bring
a smile to all the Canon loyalists (just watch for it) ;)