|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
FAQ: EOS 6D Latest Firmware Update [Version 1.1.2 – Added 13 December 2012]
Firmware Version 1.1.2 incorporates the following fix.
Fixes a phenomenon which prevents movie files shot using EOS 6D Digital SLR cameras from being played back on YouTube.
Firmware version 1.1.2 may present some Video Snapshot limitations. Please review the two scenarios and the workaround provided below.
- EOS 6D running Firmware Version 1.0.9:
If a video snapshot captured when the camera was running firmware 1.0.9 is combined with a video snapshot created by a camera which was running firmware 1.1.2, the resulting video snapshot album will be corrupted.
- EOS 6D running Firmware Version 1.1.2:
If you try to add a video snapshot from a camera running firmware 1.1.2 to the video snapshot album created when the camera was running firmware 1.0.9, a warning message “Cannot select this movie” will appear and the video snapshot cannot be added to the album.
Please follow the following workaround to help addresses the two scenarios described above.
- Shoot a video snapshot and create a video snapshot album.
- Import the captured video snapshot album to your computer.
- Start ImageBrowser EX, an application bundled with the EOS 6D.
- Select the video snapshot album, and select [Edit Movie] in the [Edit] tab.
- MovieEdit Task will start.
- Select [Add Image] and select video snapshot album to add the movie snapshot.
- Select [Save] and [Save image type], and then click [Save].
Firmware Version 1.1.2 is for cameras with firmware version 1.0.9. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions for downloading thoroughly before you download the firmware. Links to the firmware are below.