We've been sent an unconfirmed specification list for the upcoming Canon EOS RP. We have this rated as [CR1] as we have not been able to confirm this information from the usual folks.
Canon EOS RP Specifications:
- Camera weight is
400g(440g), the lightest full-frame mirrorless camera ever
- A side-articulated monitor and a comfortable grip
A new 24MP CMOS sensor. 26.2mp sensor
- No Touch Bar and top monitor but an extra dial
- Standard ISO 100-40000
- Eye AF now supports Servo AF and Video AF
- Dual Pixel AF speed is 0.05 sec.
- USB-C and headphone jack are available. Battery charging while shooting is
- Canon Log, HDMI clean output, and 1.56x 4K crop
- Battery: LP-E17
- Price is about $1300USD for the body (We're really hoping it's priced this aggressively)
Keep in mind that pricing can sometimes be lost in translation due to currency exchange. $1300 is really aggressive for a full frame camera. Earlier rumors pegged the camera at $1600 USD and we've also heard $1500.
We're told that the Extension Grip EG-E1 is a 1cm thick “plate” to be installed under EOS RP. It makes a better grip to hold the camera while the memory card and battery can still be removed.
We're also told that Canon will also announce 8 RF lenses. (5 have already leaked). I haven't been able to confirm the additional 3 lenses, but it's possible we get a few development announcements.