|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Canon has released a new update to its popular Digital Photo Professional 4 (DPP4) software. Version 4.5.20 adds support for older cameras including EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1D Mark II N, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS 5D, EOS 40D, EOS 30D, EOS 20Da, EOS 20D, EOS 400D DIGITAL (EOS Kiss Digital X / EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi), EOS 350D DIGITAL (EOS Kiss Digital N / EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT), PowerShot G15, PowerShot S110, PowerShot S100, and PowerShot S100V along with support for the EF70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens…
Since its launch in 2014, Digital Photo Professional 4 has grown to support over 50 DSLR and PowerShot cameras. As well as supporting all the current professional full-frame DSLRs in the Canon range, this latest update now supports a wider range of older models and addresses a few other issues such as:
- Improved accuracy of the lens data of Digital Lens Optimizer for EF50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro, EF24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF-S60mm f/2.8 Macro USM lenses.
- Fixed the problem where it takes time to display a preview image on the high resolution display.
- Fixed the phenomenon on the Mac OS in which RAW images imported via remote shooting are not displayed for preview in some cases.
Commenting on this latest DPP4 update, Mike Burnhill, Canon Europe’s Professional Imaging Technical Support Programme manager, told CPN: “DPP continues to prove itself as a popular workflow tool for those photographers dedicated to maintaining an all-Canon workflow from capture to print. Canon developed DPP to work seamlessly with Canon cameras and we are delighted more and more users are discovering its workflow benefits. We have been listening to customers and expanding support for new and existing models within DPP.”
DPP 4: KEY FEATURES
- Faster, real-time adjustments
- Improved RAW file workflow
- Better, more approachable user interfaces
- Compatible with 64-bit native environments
- Colour adjustments for specific colour gamuts
- Improved highlight recovery provides expanded tonality
- Improved shadow recovery function
- Support for movie playback
- Auto Lighting Optimizer can be applied to JPEG images
- Better integration with EOS Utility 3 software
You can download the latest version of DPP4 – 4.5.20 – free of charge, from Canon Europe’s support site here. Just click on the camera link and select Digital Photo Professional from the software options to download.