|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Canon has released a big firmware update for the Canon EOS R5. This firmware update does not add the promised features such as 1080p 120 or C-Log 3.
Firmware Version 1.2.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
- When using high-speed or low-speed continuous shooting modes, in Drive Mode with [High-Speed Display: OFF], the visibility of the subject within the frame has been improved when shooting moving objects.*
*During continuous shooting black frames will be inserted between frames in the viewfinder and live view. This will improve the visibility of moving subjects in live view and in the viewfinder.
- Adds the [Auto] setting to the [Viewfinder brightness] menu that will brighten and dim based on ambient light conditions.
- Enables 2nd curtain shooting sync during radio transmission wireless flash shooting when the Speedlite EL-1 flash is attached to the camera.
- Enables manual flash output (excluding high-speed sync and optical transmission wireless flash shooting) to be selected and set up to 1/8192 from the camera menu screen when the Speedlite EL-1 flash is attached to the camera.
- Improves compatibility of HEIF images recorded in the camera with MIAF (Multi-Image Application Format) standards.
- Adds support for AF and release during zoom operations for some RF and EF lenses.