Show your Bird Portraits

Cog

Dec 6, 2013
Qatar
ISv said:
Cog said:
ISv said:
Interesting! What country it is Cog? Egretta gularis gularis (the black form of this bird) is as far as I know a "citizen" of western Africa?
And BTW, one of the pictures of your kayak attracts my attention - it happen I know that alphabet(s) :)!
It's Qatar. This heron is also native to the Gulf, Iran, and India. :) And as a native Russian, I used the Cyrillic alphabet to paint the named of my kayak. :)
Thanks Cog!
Later I noticed between your photos the subspecies shistaceae - it looks to be more typical for your part of the world. Didn't know both subspecies are overlapping there but it's what happen when you get to this forum - you learn everyday - a lot :)!
I was never able to distinguish between those subspecies. They were only white and dark morphs to me. So I'm also learning a lot. Thanks!

Upvote 0
clbayley said:
Something a little more artsy than a typical bird portrait.

Junco in my chainlink fence.

Thoughts?

CB

Nice one clbayley! Indeed, the environment can add context but also a nice "artsy" contrast... Well done!
(and they are quite some acrobats, being able to land into such a tight fence-'diamond' and balance themselves on the diagonal wires...)

Wiebe.

Upvote 0
Several from the Galapagos.

Attachments

• Galapagos_Tower_(Genovesa)_Island_Red_Footed_Booby-2419.jpg
    Galapagos_Tower_(Genovesa)_Island_Red_Footed_Booby-2419.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • Galapagos_Santiago_Island_Pelican_and_Crabs-176.jpg
    Galapagos_Santiago_Island_Pelican_and_Crabs-176.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
  • Galapagos_Santiago_Island_Blue_Footed_Booby-18.jpg
    Galapagos_Santiago_Island_Blue_Footed_Booby-18.jpg