Show your Bird Portraits

Jack Douglas said:
dpc very nice. But not a good example, aren't they around all winter? ;)

Jack

Of course, Jack! Our ‘snow birds’ are indeed four season friends, but you’ll have to give me a break. This is the first time in the past six months I’ve been able sit on my back deck and shoot anything other than the odd leaf in the snow. Let me pretend a bit while i’m waiting for more of our migratories to show up in the backyard. ✌️

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
dpc said:
Jack Douglas said:

Jack

Of course, Jack! Our ‘snow birds’ are indeed four season friends, but you’ll have to give me a break. This is the first time in the past six months I’ve been able sit on my back deck and shoot anything other than the odd leaf in the snow. Let me pretend a bit while i’m waiting for more of our migratories to show up in the backyard. ✌️

This is where dishonesty gets you.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-43912583

Upvote 0
AlanF said:
dpc said:
Jack Douglas said:

Jack

Well, at least my bird has the virtue of not being stuffed. 8)

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
AlanF said:
dpc said:
Jack Douglas said:

Jack

Yeah, I reed it somewhere this morning (BBC?). Don't like to judge immediately but looks staged to me...

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Click said:
Nice series, dpc. :)

+1! And they look very real :)!
dpc, I'm not in your situation but recalling back in the time I remember it was real pleasure to get comfortably outside after cold winter and "shoot"... practically everything that moves in front of me. And that feeling -"the life is back" :D!
Very nice shots!

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Don Haines said:
Spring is coming! A small hole has melted in the ice in the bay behind the house, and sure enough, there were ducks! Both pictures are heavily cropped....

Don, really?! I have all the Pacific open (no ice!) many miles around and (bastards!) they are not here!!! The life is not... well we know!!! ;)! Nice to see this one - seems to be Goosander (Common Merganser = Menganser menganser) adult in basic.

Upvote 0