Industry News: Fuji announces the all new X-T3 mirrrorless camera

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
New X-T3 introduces all-new back-illuminated 26MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and X-Processor 4 processor; World’s first APS-C mirrorless camera capable of 4K/60P 10bit recording
Valhalla, N.Y., September 6, 2018 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation today unveiled the new FUJIFILM X-T3, launching the X Series mirrorless digital cameras into its fourth generation. Introducing an all-new back-illuminated 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and X-Processor 4 processor, the X-T3 delivers superb image quality, dramatically improved AF performance, exceptional tracking performance of fast-moving subjects and blackout-free burst shooting. The X-T3 is also the first APS-C mirrorless camera capable of 4K/60P 10bit recording to meet the needs of professional videographers.

“We are proud to introduce the new X-T3 to market as not only the latest addition to our X Series mirrorless lineup of digital cameras, but as an introduction to fourth generation technologies that feature substantial...

Continue reading...

robotfist

Cinematographer/Photographer - Canon C300 III
Oct 23, 2017
Los Angeles
As someone that shoots a lot of video, this looks so much more appealing to me than the EOS-R. That 4k crop on the EOS-R is unacceptable in 2018.

No one has achieved 4k at 60p in a large sensor mirrorless camera yet (aps-c and above) and Fuji just announced it with the XT-3. I am very excited to try this camera out. Great job Fuji!

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
I'm looking forward mostly to the wide angles, especially ultra wides. On an SLR, you have to add a retrofocus group (basically a reverse telephoto) because you can't just stick the rear elements into the camera. There should be some nice and (relatively) compact wide angles. I like the beefy primes, but high performance compact primes and zooms are what I would use.

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2018
After being let down by Canon for what will be the last time, I placed a back order for a Sony A7III (these things are still not in stock anywhere) after seeing the specs on the EOS R. However, I just cancelled that order because Sony may be launching the A7SIII before Photokina! Then I see this new Fuji... what an amazingly spec'd and priced APSC camera. Canon should be taking notes. I actually might consider this little fuji as a back up or B Cam next to my new Sony. Well done Fuji.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
With a launch price of 1500, it will be pressured by the A7III/Z6/EOS R war. FF will be coming down in price and that will affect Fuji and micro 4/3 in how much they can charge.
true but so too will the prices fall for the fuji, so the relative balance will likely remain the same, more or less.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
true but so too will the prices fall for the fuji, so the relative balance will likely remain the same, more or less.

Except that it puts a price cap on APS-C no matter what is included in the feature set. FF margins can be higher because there is less pricing pressure from above (i.e. medium format), especially at the A7RIII/5DIV/D850 leve and above. So the new fuji is 1500, but a new 5div is about 2500 or a gray is closer to 2000. The 6DII streets for about 1500 and grays can be had for a little over 1200. The new fuji is launching at a price $100 less than its previous iteration but is priced higher than the floor of what 6DIIs are going for.

Upvote 0
This is the camera I've been waiting for Canon to build.

Now that the new RF mount seems to diminish the outlook for an advanced M mount camera the Fujifilm X cameras are looking very attractive. These X-T's seem to deliver the most benefit as an addition to full a frame DSLR system.

Top notch video, a very good (apsc) stills camera, weather sealed robust body with two card slots and a nice selection of high quality compact lenses. Everything I want from Canon but they seem to be unwilling or unable to deliver.

I think I'll wait until Photo Expo NY next month where I can demo this as well as the EOS R but for my needs the Fujifilm appears to be the best fit. APSC is certainly a limiting factor for stills but for travel/street the most important thing for me is image content rather than strict image quality.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Quirkz

CR Pro
Oct 30, 2014
This is the camera I've been waiting for Canon to build.

Now that the new RF mount seems to diminish the outlook for an advanced M mount camera the Fujifilm X cameras are looking very attractive. These X-T's seem to deliver the most benefit as an addition to full a frame DSLR system.

Top notch video, a very good (apsc) stills camera, weather sealed robust body with two card slots and a nice selection of high quality compact lenses. Everything I want from Canon but they seem to be unwilling or unable to deliver.

I think I'll wait until Photo Expo NY next month where I can demo this as well as the EOS R but for my needs the Fujifilm appears to be the best fit. APSC is certainly a limiting factor for stills but for travel/street the most important thing for me is image content rather than strict image quality.

Nice to see a post that wasn’t bashing the EOS-R, just explaining why it wasn’t the right fit for you. Thank you for that :)

Upvote 0
So from the blurb “ is also capable of implementing complex image processing tasks in an instant, such as the unique FUJIFILM Color Chrome Effect or Monochrome Adjustment function.”

I get that the in camera processing is great, but does anyone use effects on Fuji or for that matter the canon cameras?

Fuji does seem to make nice APS-C filterless sensors tho.

Upvote 0