Canon EOS M6 Mark II full specifications

ashmadux

Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
Thats not the point, the point is people constantly say Canon is doomed yet their continued domination of the market proves exactly the opposite. For me it doesn't have anything to do with agreeing with what Canon do, what they offer, or anything else, it is simply presenting a fact that contradicts uninformed posters opinion.

Yes you might think they have lost their way, but, yet again, sales numbers illustrate you are an outlier, for people deciding to buy a camera Canon are the most popular choice, you can reason that any way you want, the people that point that out are not saying Canon can do no wrong, they are just saying your opinion is not the same as the largest percentage of actual purchasers.

You guys are an interesting bunch.

"..but they are selling.."

Well i just bought an m50 and now will likely have to get rid of it. because the no ibis +cheap plastic (too light) + hard shutter shock body truly impacts my shots.

So tell us, wtf does it matter if it hasn't impacted their sales? The rest of the lil body is aces, and ya market share (y) aint goint to get this thing working better. The scenarios i need to use this for, right now it's not working. But hey, I can look at market share data and evetything will be alright....riiiiiiiiight.

ATEOTD, customers need hardware that correlates with their actual shooting. How do you actually say no 24p 4k or other great features 'has no impact on sales'. Sounds utterly ridiculous.

Silly, silly argument. Almost even stupid.

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017

Well i just bought an m50 and now will likely have to get rid of it. because the no ibis +cheap plastic (too light) + hard shutter shock body truly impacts my shots.

So tell us, wtf does it matter if it hasn't impacted their sales? The rest of the lil body is aces, and ya market share (y) aint goint to get this thing working better. The scenarios i need to use this for, right now it's not working. But hey, I can look at market share data and evetything will be alright....riiiiiiiiight.

ATEOTD, customers need hardware that correlates with their actual shooting. How do you actually say no 24p 4k or other great features 'has no impact on sales'. Sounds utterly ridiculous.

hopefully all goes to your plan: you sell M50 and from there onwards dweil on Sonyrumors forum instead surrounded by a bunch of like minded digital identities.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011

Not at all, separation, there are two points being made and an illogical conclusion is drawn from one. People then point out the absurdity of drawing that false conclusion.

Point one, Canon don't make a camera 'I' am happy with.
Point two, Canon still sell more cameras than any other camera company.
Conclusion, Canon are doomed.

Those two points are not connected and haven no bearing on each other yet people that say point one consistently say "Canon are doomed because they don't have IBIS/eye focus/GPS/WiFi/24p etc etc", point two tends to contradict that conclusion.

That does not mean people who point out the absurdity of the conclusion are happy with Canon's offerings, they are just pointing out the fallaciousness of drawing the conclusion when verified independent data contradicts that conclusion.

If Canon don't make a camera that suits your needs buy a different brand, nobody cares, just don't say Canon are doomed because the M50 doesn't have IBIS because the sales numbers clearly illustrate that is not the case.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Neuro - once again you are answering the question noone asked, whereas the question is rather simple - why the there is 24p missing again (if true)? Noone needing the feature cares, if it influences Canon's sales or not. Ppl might be well invested into the Canon system already. Playing on their nerves does not win them loyalty. If theirs and your message is - who cares about such users, it's a completly different story.
If omitting p24 is true, it was a declarative decision Canon made. Every feature comes at a cost. Every cost, no matter how small, has an incremental impact on profit. They don’t really care about their customers, no corporation does. They care about profits (but granted, if their business requires them to appear to care for customers, they will appear to do so...but make no mistake, profit is the underlying motive).

Canon cares about profit, and sales to drive that profit. If they removed the feature, it’s because they determined that doing so will benefit their bottom line. It’s not personal, it’s business. Some people obviously take it very personally, here.

Upvote 0

So you bought the wrong camera for yourself. So e things about it you should have known before buying. That’s totally on you though. Maybe a different model would have been better. At be not. That’s the way it goes. But whether you like it or not, Canon’s M line is growing at a good pace, and is the number one mirrorless line out there in several big jurisdictions, and number two most everywhere else.

so, like it or not, Canon is doing something right with it. That doesn’t mean they’re going to satisfy everyone. That would be pretty stupid to think. You do t think that they could, do you?

Upvote 0

ashmadux

Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
Not at all, separation, there are two points being made and an illogical conclusion is drawn from one. People then point out the absurdity of drawing that false conclusion.

Point one, Canon don't make a camera 'I' am happy with.
Point two, Canon still sell more cameras than any other camera company.
Conclusion, Canon are doomed.

Those two points are not connected and haven no bearing on each other yet people that say point one consistently say "Canon are doomed because they don't have IBIS/eye focus/GPS/WiFi/24p etc etc", point two tends to contradict that conclusion.

That does not mean people who point out the absurdity of the conclusion are happy with Canon's offerings, they are just pointing out the fallaciousness of drawing the conclusion when verified independent data contradicts that conclusion.

If Canon don't make a camera that suits your needs buy a different brand, nobody cares, just don't say Canon are doomed because the M50 doesn't have IBIS because the sales numbers clearly illustrate that is not the case.

Personally I dont care much if canon is doomed...i care about hardware that is not intentionally borked (no 24p, lol thats just dumb) and that it simply does what I need it to do. The cameras will last years....if/when canon wraps up its camera business, there will be something else to move on to.

My old bodies will be able to shoot for years and years to come further.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ashmadux

Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
So you bought the wrong camera for yourself. So e things about it you should have known before buying. That’s totally on you though. Maybe a different model would have been better. At be not. That’s the way it goes. But whether you like it or not, Canon’s M line is growing at a good pace, and is the number one mirrorless line out there in several big jurisdictions, and number two most everywhere else.

so, like it or not, Canon is doing something right with it. That doesn’t mean they’re going to satisfy everyone. That would be pretty stupid to think. You do t think that they could, do you?

I don't think you read my post proper. I've been using an M for years.

So you bought the wrong camera for yourself. So e things about it you should have known before buying. That’s totally on you though.

I'm calling BS on this one. Rental shops don't carry these, so how are you going to test it proper? It had all the specs i wanted, but then and only having it in hand, you get to see what the issues are.

All i need is images in focus...not too much to ask from a camera...:cool:.T hat's the killer for me. Otherwise the body is nice, albeit super cheapo plastic (too light!).

I'm going to send in my M50 to see if theres any issues going on. But if this OOF ratio keeps up, gotta dump it.

PS- no such problems on my M1. It's been a champ. Luv it.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC

I started to reply to his message, but decided that it was completely bogus, so I didn’t bother. We were supposed to believe that the camera when he bought it had IBIS and was larger and heavier, but not it lost that feature and transformed into plastic? Or the salesman convinced him it had IBIS and was made of a heavy metal, and he was later disillusioned? Or what?

Occam might suggest that none of that happened, and he just made up a story. Not my problem either way.

Upvote 0
I don't think you read my post proper. I've been using an M for years.

So you bought the wrong camera for yourself. So e things about it you should have known before buying. That’s totally on you though.

I'm calling BS on this one. Rental shops don't carry these, so how are you going to test it proper? It had all the specs i wanted, but then and only having it in hand, you get to see what the issues are.

All i need is images in focus...not too much to ask from a camera...:cool:.T hat's the killer for me. Otherwise the body is nice, albeit super cheapo plastic (too light!).

I'm going to send in my M50 to see if theres any issues going on. But if this OOF ratio keeps up, gotta dump it.

PS- no such problems on my M1. It's been a champ. Luv it.
The basic specs you talked about were available to you before you bought the camera. No excuse there. Apparently these cameras focus pretty well.

Upvote 0
I started to reply to his message, but decided that it was completely bogus, so I didn’t bother. We were supposed to believe that the camera when he bought it had IBIS and was larger and heavier, but not it lost that feature and transformed into plastic? Or the salesman convinced him it had IBIS and was made of a heavy metal, and he was later disillusioned? Or what?

Occam might suggest that none of that happened, and he just made up a story. Not my problem either way.
Possible. But just as likely he just isn’t happy because he didn’t know what he was getting, then decided it wasn’t his fault. I see that happen all the time.

I read consumer reviews of products where the reviewer knocks several stars off because it didn’t do something that the description of the device said it didn’t do. You can’t account for people like that.

Upvote 0

ashmadux

Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
The basic specs you talked about were available to you before you bought the camera. No excuse there. Apparently these cameras focus pretty well.

Ah, i get it.

You just told me you have no idea what you're even discussing...just some made up shoulda coulda woulda. No point in this exchange. I own the bodies, I have the experience. You...

You Got Nothing :cool:

~P. Griffin, Guy of The Family

Upvote 0

ashmadux

Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com

You + the other person are in here discussing things you don't know anything about. You saw some articles, watched a youtube video... OH...now you're in here telling someone with actual experience with the potential gotchas of these newer bodies that they are just making it up. So foolish. You're own commentary says it all.

Put your money where your forum mouth is and go use the cameras...then come back in here and tell us/me what the real deal is. I'm looking forward to reading your grand insight, seeing your samples, shooting info (shutter speed, isos, variety of subject matter).

Otherwise, your useless chatter is clogging up the discussion.

PS- not being personal at all, in case y'all wanna get all butthurt.

Upvote 0

ashmadux

Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
That must have been a shocking experience, for the camera to have IBIS when you bought it and then no more. Did it go away all of a sudden or just fade away?

I thought a canon body had IBIS? That's what i wrote?
:ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Shame on you. Making a fool of yourself.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
I thought a canon body had IBIS? That's what i wrote?
:ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Shame on you. Making a fool of yourself.
Making a fool of myself? I didn't buy a camera, but now have to get ride of it because it doesn't have IBIS. Either you knew it didn't have it and bought it anyway, or you thought it did, or somehow it had IBIS when you bought it, but that quit working.

Upvote 0

ashmadux

Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
What does this mean? Is this rhetorical?

Let me make it as plain as possible. It's all related to why Ibis is important for these small lightweight cameras. I've used an M1 professionally for 5 years, in many situations. So mirrorless is not new to me.

Anyways, here's my points in a simple fleshed out list.

1- I have several month old M50. The body itself is nice and functions well. Good shape, and controls.

2- THAT BEING SAID, the plastic feels cheap and it feels very fragile.

3- I'm encountering trivial shooting situations where Im getting oof images of the subject. A model in front of the camera, not moving for example. This is the main problem.

4- It's well documented that with higher density sensors, you will likely have to double your shutter speed (say, compared to 18/20mp sensors of old) to get sharp photos as he sensors are more sensitive to slight movements.

5- No one talks about the shutter shock with these cameras, so I bring it up so that it can go on fellow camera buyers radar. Combined with the above characteristics, AND no Ibis, it's basically a recipe for many blurry images. That is exactly what I'm experiencing..right now.

6 - The added weight of adapting heavier EF lenses hasn't helped, which I find strange. The EF 35IS is usually attached to it, however the blurry images persist.

7 - Many mirror less cameras use electronic first curtain shutters that can eliminate the affects of hardware shutter shock. However, this body doesn't have that function in manual.modes. Thanks Canon:mad:

6- So that's the situation I'm in now. I love the body. But the combination of being very lightweight and all of the above make it very challenging to consistently get well focused images. And that's a HUGE problem, obviously. I do want to keep it but if I cant find a way to resolve this critical issue, it will have to go.

That's all I've been trying to say here. I'm just sharing my experience, take it as you will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ah, i get it.

You just told me you have no idea what you're even discussing...just some made up shoulda coulda woulda. No point in this exchange. I own the bodies, I have the experience. You...

You Got Nothing :cool:

~P. Griffin, Guy of The Family
You complained about plastic and lack of IBIS. Perhaps you don’t remember your complaints?

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Today:
But the combination of being very lightweight and all of the above make it very challenging to consistently get well focused images. And that's a HUGE problem, obviously. I do want to keep it but if I cant find a way to resolve this critical issue, it will have to go.

3.5 years ago:
Great. This M3 is going back to the shop tomorrow.

Super disappointing. Takes extra effort to get sharp photos, i haven't seen this nonsense since the 7D AF debacle i went through. Overwhelming majority of images are not sharp, and the heavy shutter slap is the main suspect.

IIRC, your 70D also failed to give you sharp images, and there were probably other ‘debacles’ in the meantime. Sounds like you are either an eternal optimist who keeps buying Canon (think Charlie Brown as Lucy keeps pulling the football away), a slow learner, or something about your technique is causing a problem for you.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0