Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

Looks like potentially they just scaled up the sensor from M6II. In which case it might have an even better DR. But 32Mp, while quite decent resolution, isn't really enough to make me switch from 5DIV.

I'm still waiting for the news on the high-res R monster. Where is it, my preciousss...

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
I probably agree! Most of the new R lenses have IS, well, at least the trinity. Is IBIS truly better than an IS lens? I really don't know.

It's not a "IS or IBIS" thing here tho. It's a "IS and IBIS". You can bet a lot of money Canon's IBIS and IS will work hand in hand and that's going to be huge win.

If this list is correct, this is going to be the first Canon's decent mirrorless camera.

Define decent because the M6 II is more than decent. Let alone the R and RP have been improved majorily since relase with firmware

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

mpeeps

Lovin' life on the Central Coast
CR Pro
Dec 5, 2013
California
www.mpeeples.com
It's not a "IS or IBIS" thing here tho. It's a "IS and IBIS". You can bet a lot of money Canon's IBIS and IS will work hand in hand and that's going to be huge win.
Looking forward to it! But an IBISless R2 with the other specs won't stop me from wanting one.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Based on the rumored specs, what will the pricing be like? $2,699 USD? Any estimates?
ALSO -- will they switch back to joystick and answer the ergonomic haters of the EOS R? AND... better weather sealed than the EOS R? With same sort of dimensions?
I love the FPS upgrade and dual slot upgrade!!!

HELP A NOOB OUT!!!

Been waiting on getting the EOS R (I'm only interested in landscaping and street photography, portraits), I love the price of the EOS R NOW... may even drop a tad more now? Right? Or, should I wait for mark 2? Quite frankly... if the mark 2 is over 3,000 USD, may have to buy EOS R!

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 68328

Still want to see if the next 5D is going to be some sort of hybrid with a moving sensor that can accommodate both EF and RF flange distances.

If yes, hail OVF shooting experience
If not, I might take this rumoured camera into consideration, especially if it fits in my hand as a 5D and not a tiny camera (good move Panasonic!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Based on the rumored specs, what will the pricing be like? $2,699 USD? Any estimates?
ALSO -- will they switch back to joystick and answer the ergonomic haters of the EOS R? AND... better weather sealed than the EOS R? With same sort of dimensions?

HELP A NOOB OUT!!!

Been waiting on getting the EOS R (I'm only interested in landscaping and street photography, portraits), I love the price of the EOS R NOW... may even drop a tad more now? Right? Or, should I wait for mark 2? Quite frankly... if the mark 2 is over 3,000 USD, may have to buy EOS R!

Rumored specs add a grand to your estimate. At least.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
As a photographer these specs are great.
i'd prefer less or crippled video specs and a better price though.
Its a curse for photographers to upgrade their camera and pay more just for video specs.
Like the 5D IV that came out more expensive because it shoots 4k video that i never used and videographers never were happy with it.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
So many great things had been told about 1Dx M3 but were untrue.
If this list is correct, this is going to be the first Canon's decent mirrorless camera.

First decent mirrorless for photographers who don't really have adequate skill to use what's available. Otherwise, I got images from the EOR R that gathered hundreds of dollars per single image.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

HELP A NOOB OUT!!!

The EOS R is so good as-is, I almost regret not buying a 2nd one last December when prices were even down near $1300. I can do weddings with single card bodies, but prefer 2 card bodies. But I still think I should have bought a 2nd EOS R As for prices, my guess is closer to $3200 for the rumored model due to the different card, if that comes to pass, and slight redesign. For the high mega pixel body coming ... almost certain ... my guess is $3600 range, close to where the 5DSR retailed.

If the new RF bodies are too high at first, I can easily shoot weddings and landscapes with a 2nd EOS R, because my 5DS puts me shooting 4 cards per event, not just one card.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
The EOS R is so good as-is, I almost regret not buying a 2nd one last December when prices were even down near $1300. I can do weddings with single card bodies, but prefer 2 card bodies. But I still think I should have bought a 2nd EOS R As for prices, my guess is closer to $3200 for the rumored model due to the different card, if that comes to pass, and slight redesign. For the high mega pixel body coming ... almost certain ... my guess is $3600 range, close to where the 5DSR retailed.

If the new RF bodies are too high at first, I can easily shoot weddings and landscapes with a 2nd EOS R, because my 5DS puts me shooting 4 cards per event, not just one card.
It's true, I do regret not picking up an R during that 6 hour window at the Canon store for $1146. YES, it really was that for 6 hours.

However, it is still not the camera body for me. This is not to besmirch or judge anyone else. I repeatedly hear about folks who own the 5D4 and talk about what to replace it with...seems like GAS. Us with older camera bodies such as the 5D3 and such are looking for the LEAP and not the step up. If it was about staying in the EF mount world then I'd have a 5D4 already but the move to another mount requires a few more specifics.....the slots, the EVF, the ergonomics, the build, the DR and IQ of stills (video be damned)

What was in this CR1 (I also know to not get too excited over this level of rumor) is more along the lines of how I'd prefer to spend my hard earned cash., I'm happy you are doing well with the R, it's always good to enjoy one's gear. Especially here where there is so much whining.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0