You can now preorder the Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark III

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
You can now preorder the brand new Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark III.
Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark III Specifications:

4K up to 120p
Newly developed S35 4K CMOS Dual Gain Output sensor
DIGIC DV 7 Image Processor
16+ stops of DR (claimed)
5-axis sensor stabilization
Cinema RAW Lite (Internal Recording)
XF-AVC (H.264)
XAVC Long GOP
4:2:2 10-bit
2K 180p (sensor crop)
Modular design
User-changeable Lens Mounts (EF, Locking EF, PL)
EF, PL, anamorphic and Spherical Lens Support
4.3″ LCD Monitor LM-V2 with Touch Focus
Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Touch AF and Face Detection AF
Rear audio/power module
Internal ND filters (clear, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 stop – 8 & 10 with extension)
4 channels of XLR with optional module
12G-SDI, 3G-SDI
2x CF Express slots
1x SD card slot

Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark III at Adorama

Continue reading...

herein2020

Run | Gun Shooter
Mar 13, 2020
I am not interested in a cine camera, but its price is $10,999, compare that to C300 Mark II introduction price of $15,999. I wonder what would that mean for the pricing of other upcoming cameras like the R5 & the rumored R6. They might be cheaper than anticipated.
The R5 price will be $3999 and the R6 will be $2399 mark my words.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
I hope I'm wrong and they both come in lower but $3999 and $2399 is my estimate and I am sticking to it.

That's fair enough, at this point it's largely guesswork. ("Mark my words" comes across as a lot more (over-, in this case) confident than an estimate.)

I bounce around between thinking they're going to smack the competition with a ~3500 price tag...or price it somewhere on the moon. As for the R6, I don't care. Unless it's ridiculously cheap, I'd prefer an RP over that low-res sensor. (But I really want an R5 if it's not ridiculously priced.)

Upvote 0

addola

Sold my soul for a flippy screen
Nov 16, 2015
Be careful.

Generally, when someone makes a pronouncement and then says "mark my words" it's an invitation to never take him/her seriously ever again if they turn out to be wrong.

Meh, we probably won't remember who said it, given that it's some forum member. I think his claim is plausible, but Canon need to stay competitive with Sony, Nikon & Panasonic's offering. My guess would be R5 $3499 (same as 5D Mark IV) & $1999 (Same as 6D Mark II).

Upvote 0

herein2020

Run | Gun Shooter
Mar 13, 2020
That's fair enough, at this point it's largely guesswork. ("Mark my words" comes across as a lot more (over-, in this case) confident than an estimate.)

I bounce around between thinking they're going to smack the competition with a ~3500 price tag...or price it somewhere on the moon. As for the R6, I don't care. Unless it's ridiculously cheap, I'd prefer an RP over that low-res sensor. (But I really want an R5 if it's not ridiculously priced.)
I base my estimate on many things....mainly the fact that the RF lenses aren't cheaper than their EF equivalents, there are already 3 camera bodies in that price range if not more (Sony A9II $4500, S1H $4,000, and the Panasonic S1 with similar specs to the R6 is $2500), it is a shrinking market so fewer customers mean remaining customers pay more, there will be high demand after customers waited so long (high demand means higher price at least initially), if you look at inflation and exchange rates $4,000 in today's USD is around $3300 in 2015's USD, the list goes on.

Also, Canon during their NAB conference mentioned the 5D debuted below $4,000. $3999 is still below $4000. For the people that say Canon can afford to release these bodies way cheaper just to make a statement....you need to look no farther than their RF glass prices to see Canon needs to get back their R&D; making a statement is for non profits.

I wonder why do they release the new C300 and it’s only have 4K 120 in super 35 and looks like the R5 has way better spec. It make me wonder how much limitations R5 will have.

You are getting hung up on specs instead of looking at the big picture. The C300 is a real Cinema camera meaning unlimited recording, ND filters, XLR inputs, amazing new dual gain 16 stop DR sensor, 3 cards slots VFR up to 180fps, Cinema body form factor, DPAF in a cinema body, Cinema RAW light, 4:2:2: 10 bit LongGOP, 4 channel audio recording...need I continue. That camera is far more than the sum of its parts and no production studio making a feature film would consider the R5 as anything more than a crash cam.

Also, lets not forget we still don't know everything about the R5; recording limits, will it record video to both cards at lower resolutions, will Canon release an XLR module for it, will it overheat on hot days at the higher frame rates, what are the compression modes for the resolutions below RAW, etc, etc. If I was shooting a major production the R5 wouldn't even be on my consideration list.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0