Canon EOS R5 price :)

I read this some hours before in the web:
An Australian website lists the EOS R5 around 10.500 Australian Dollars! :eek:o_O

I hope this is FAKE NEWS!

The pricing of the 5DIV was high enough. Another 50% rise would be really to much.
IMO the 8K specs are nice to have, but my 8K TV is not able to show this content as it exceed the TVs bandwith.
So, 6000$ that will be 7000€ in Europe will be definitively a hard hit in my stomach.

Also, this would be a home run for Sony.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Nelu

1-DX Mark III, EOS R5, EOS R
CR Pro
I read this some hours before in the web:
An Australian website lists the EOS R5 around 10.500 Australian Dollars! :eek:o_O

I hope this is FAKE NEWS!

The pricing of the 5DIV was high enough. Another 50% rise would be really to much.
IMO the 8K specs are nice to have, but my 8K TV is not able to show this content as it exceed the TVs bandwith.
So, 6000$ that will be 7000€ in Europe will be definitively a hard hit in my stomach.

Also, this would be a home run for Sony.
Oh, WOW!!!
I guess I'm gonna start looking for a new 1DX Mark II now (yes, Mark II, not Mark III)
I surely hope it's not true though...

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
I expect a price (MRSP) somewhere around 4,500€ - hopefully less.
OTOH Everything above 4,000€ would make me look away. Not my league.

In Germany I found a page that posted a screen of an Australian retailer. Price there was A$10,499 respectively 6,270 €.
And they speculate that this nort just a filler as you could preorder it and pay that price at checkout... hmm...

Edit: page has changed. Price declared as placeholder and A$200 deposit are possible.

1589542788924.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I expect a price (MRSP) somewhere around 4,500€ - hopefully less.
OTOH Everything above 4,000€ would make me look away. Not my league.

In Germany I found a page that posted a screen of an Australian retailer. Price there was A$10,499 respectively 6,270 €.
And they speculate that this nort just a filler as you could preorder it and pay that price at checkout... hmm...

View attachment 190423
Was it a serious store?

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Was it a serious store?
They didn't tell. Don't think so, if thes sell items that are not officially released. (see my "hmm..." above)
Funny, that right away there is an addition on that mentioned page, that the price was just a placeholder.
It is now changed to A$200 deposit. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Upvote 0