Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6 and new lens SKU and kit information

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I've seen R5 photos, but how does the R6 look? I hope it looks almost exactly like R5.
The CR guy has reported that he has seen the R6 and that it looks a lot rounder than the R5 a d has additional control wheels. You can search for the post, it was titled something like "I have seen the R6 IBIS in action".

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

herein2020

Run | Gun Shooter
Mar 13, 2020
Of course, I didn't mean to change your workflow, that would be crazy.
Just to play with the new raw files while waiting for Adobe support. Don't tell me you'll get your new toy and keep it in a closet or just shooting jpeg's until Adobe supports it!:)

Fortunately I don't have any of these concerns, my first R body will be for video and H.264 and H.265 is pretty universal. I can't wait to get the R6 on a gimbal and watch that AF do its job. No more trying to get clients to walk the same speed or stay the same distance away or "hope" I got a few seconds of useable footage.

I know AF isn't everything and I still love MF (there's nothing like knowing AF isn't going to suddenly ruin your take), but on a gimbal without a focus puller or AF it really is a guessing game.

Upvote 0
Feb 6, 2019
The CR guy has reported that he has seen the R6 and that it looks a lot rounder than the R5 a d has additional control wheels. You can search for the post, it was titled something like "I have seen the R6 IBIS in action".
I would want the same amount of control wheels... lol, not more. If more, what are they taking away, top LCD?

Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Upvote 0
Feb 6, 2019
Indeed, no top display:

"There is also no top-down LCD on the EOS R6, but there are multiple scroll wheels and I’m not sure what that’s about. The camera also has a much more rounded shape than the current EOS R cameras."

Source: https://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos-r6-ibis-in-action-request/
So, sounds almost exactly like RP w/ IBIS (and fps). I'll just wait until I can afford (or need) the R5 ... lol ... or sell one of my organ...lol

Upvote 0

H. Jones

Photojournalist
Aug 1, 2014
My preorder shopping list:
  1. R5 Kit (R5 + 24-105 f4 L IS)
  2. RF 100-500 f4.5-7.1
  3. RF 1.4x extender if it works with the RF 100-500.
  4. EF - R adaptor
  5. R5 grip if available
  6. 2 / 128GB Sandisk CFexpress Cards

It's going to be an expensive year!

For me I've already settled on:
  1. R5
  2. RF 35mm 1.8
  3. RF 85mm f/2
  4. EF-R control wheel adapter
  5. 128GB CF Express, 128GB UHS-II SD, ProGrade CF Express + UHS II SD dual reader
  6. 2 extra batteries
  7. Rumored new 600EX-RT II replacement depending on what it entails, especially if it's a flash system made specially for the EOS R series
  8. RRS L-bracket for R5(this can't come soon enough)
And then after that, my immediate interest is in either the 28-70 F/2 or the RF 70-200 2.8. Just depends on how I actually find myself using the R5. If it turns into more of a vacation camera for me over my 1DX2, the RF 70-200 would be super easy to bring everywhere, but if the R5 turns into my new main paid-assignment workhorse over the 1DX2, I'll probably get the 28-70 F/2.

Upvote 0

navastronia

R6 x2 (work) + 5D Classic (fun)
Aug 31, 2018
Of course, I didn't mean to change your workflow, that would be crazy.
Just to play with the new raw files while waiting for Adobe support. Don't tell me you'll get your new toy and keep it in a closet or just shooting jpeg's until Adobe supports it!:)

We've been waiting on Adobe support for the RP for 1.5 years, unfortunately.

EDIT: Adobe support for camera-matching RAW profiles.

Upvote 0