Canon EOS R5 pricing in Europe may have leaked [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The obvious number 1 question I get about the Canon EOS R5 is “how much will it cost?”. We have reported in the past that the EOS R5 will sell below $4000 USD for the body only. Though I haven’t been told the exact price as of yet.
I have received a Canon price list that looks pretty legitimate but can obviously be easily edited. I can’t post the price list for obvious reasons.
According to the price list, the Canon EOS R5 will have an MSRP of €4500. Keep in mind pricing in Euro also includes VAT. which can range from 17%-27% depending on the country you’re in. There are also other considerations when looking at pricing in Euro.
The €4500 Euro pricing would mean that the price in USD will definitely be below $4000 USD. As a comparison, the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV...

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 user
Dec 8, 2014
This was the price I was predicting...I had a small hope that could be a little bit less about 4200€ but my opinion is that this is a fair price for this piece of Gear! This means that the camera will cost in my country 3650€+VAT which is a great price for this camera! Specially because I can buy VAT FREE! :D Looking forward!

Another thing, my retailer did mention that they only are expecting stock in September....But I guess that´s related to retailers and countries, some of them may have "regular stock# earlier. Hope I can get one as soon as possible!

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Upvote 0
I was hoping for €4200 or less. €4500 is still not bad is the camera is what we think it will be. I think I will wait for the 2021 summer sales. Hopefully I can get it below €4000 then. I have never bought a brand new Canon, but this one might tempt me to do it. The Canon 5D3 I have is not bad, but I see so many advantages in the new mirrorless cameras.

Upvote 0

gmon750

CR Pro
Jan 30, 2015
I hope Canon will have winter discount again (the last two years, they always had it). Let's see. But a fair price, though, so let's see what the R6 will be like

Same here. I think by the time the R5 comes out, and goes through all the real-world reviews and opinions, it will be around the holidays by the time I get enough info on it to make the leap from 5DM3.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

trulandphoto

Upstate NY photographer and retired atorney
CR Pro
Jul 19, 2011
trulandphotography.com
Still boggles my mind why they don't just include tax in US prices.

Who wants to be doing calculations in their head constantly when they're shopping.

Um, because every jurisdiction in the US; state, county, municipality, taxes sales differently. It would be impossible. Retail stores could do it but certainly not Canon. Even with online retailers, where it's shipped makes a difference.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

Who wants to be doing calculations in their head constantly when they're shopping.

It may be challenging in other areas of the world, but we in the US are known for our excellence in math. So, call it 6% on $3,899 or so, let’s see..... carry the one? No, that’s not it.

Going with still can’t afford it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2018

I just buy from distributors outside of my state so I don't have to pay their extortion. Tax-free commerce is one of the few benefits of online purchasing.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0