Canon EOS R5 pricing in Europe may have leaked [CR2]

In Australia it's illegal not to have the actual price customer will pay at the checkout, GST and any other fees and charges have to be inlcuded in the advertised price. Luckily we only have a single Federal tax called the GST, states do not levy sales taxes.

This way, the government can sneak in tax increases with many uninformed public being none the wiser. Despite my earlier joke, I like to know how much of what I’m paying is supporting the government vs what’s going to the business owner. In the US, we bury gas taxes in the price paid at the pump too. I’d like to see taxes delineated clearly.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
For me this question isnt that important. Since the R5 can replace multiple of our photo and video cameras, its a done deal. And thats only given the specs they allready revealed.
Even at 5500€ per body it would be a financial win for me, if I can finaly sell all this mixed equipment and specialized tools I horded over the last years and replace it with just 3 bodys xD
Well, that´s the big point!! This camera can replace easily 2 or 3 different bodies! So this makes it a very affordable camera! I am planning to sell the Sony Fs 5 mkII, the Canon 1dx mkII and the Sony A7r3. This will fund 2 EOS R5!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
This way, the government can sneak in tax increases with many uninformed public being none the wiser. Despite my earlier joke, I like to know how much of what I’m paying is supporting the government vs what’s going to the business owner. In the US, we bury gas taxes in the price paid at the pump too. I’d like to see taxes delineated clearly.
Tariffs get buried too.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
I was hoping you'd contribute a sardonic haiku about taxes. :p

I'd rather make condescending photographer comments...

"So, I hear you're into following tariffs and market fluxuations? What a turnon. Please take my boudoir photos..."

"What's that? You can discuss imaging sensor dimensions and photon sites at great length? I have my clothes off already!"

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Cryhavoc

Eos R, EM1 MkII, Lumix G9, Lumix S1R
Jan 17, 2019
Seattle
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I'd rather make condescending photographer comments...

"So, I hear you're into following tariffs and market fluxuations? What a turnon. Please take my boudoir photos..."

"What's that? You can discuss imaging sensor dimensions and photon sites at great length? I have my clothes off already!"
You're a sexy beast (5)
That sarcastic tone you use (7)
Makes my clothes fall off (5)
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
Well, that´s the big point!! This camera can replace easily 2 or 3 different bodies! So this makes it a very affordable camera! I am planning to sell the Sony Fs 5 mkII, the Canon 1dx mkII and the Sony A7r3. This will fund 2 EOS R5!

I kinda need 1-2 more bodies.... but I'm seriously thinking selling 5D4 since I don't think I will use it much after getting R5. My 1DX would like company, probably 1DX3. So maybe the combo R5+1DX+1DX3 would work?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I’m just glad this will fit within the limit of my new Adorama card lol. But really, though, I am bummed they switched from the old credit system at Adorama because for purchases in this price range you used to have 18 months to pay off the balance and now you only get 12.

Those monthly payments are going to be hard to hide from the wife :D

Upvote 0
We sell a software product, so it is down to me to do the coding and it does have to be a 3rd party service. I mean in the end it'll end up be sending 2-3 values to a API and getting a number back, but it is still a lot harder than the EU. And then some states want paid monthly or quarterly.. So just giving them the money is a bother.

Also a coder here. The code bits aren't hard. We've developed them too. The tough part is the constantly changing mix of taxes from different municipalities, counties, states AND that the taxes apply to some things and not others, again at different rates often within the same jurisdiction. The sheer effort of updating the thousands of jurisdictions and the liability of not getting a change correctly makes it insane. Example: a business client is right on the border of NH and VT. They purchase something for their own clients in NH through our system (no sales tax) and deliver it, along with services to a client of theirs in VT (6 percent sales tax). The town has a "special option" sales tax added on. You wouldn't believe the length of the algorithm that this involves. And it's different by category of goods. And it means that when a tree service firm in NH buys manure fertilizer from multiple sources, it needs to keep it in two different piles in order to keep track of the taxes, because VT employs people for the sole purpose of going around and auditing stuff like this. Which, on thinking about it, must be a punishment of some sort for very badly behaved state employees.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0