Further clarification of what will be announced by Canon next month

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Some of this information has been reported already, but there is some additions here. Most notably a wireless transmitter and a battery grip for the Canon EOS R5 (and hopefully EOS R6)

Canon EOS R5 Body
Canon EOS R5 24-105 USM Kit
Canon EOS R6 Body
Canon EOS R6 24-105 STM Kit
Canon EOS R6 24-105 USM Kit
Canon WFT-R10 (A/B/C/D/E)
Canon BG-R10
Canon LP-E6NH
Canon RF 100-500L
Canon RF 800/11
Canon RF 600/11
Canon Lens Hood ET-101
Canon Lens Hood ET-88B
Canon Lens Hood ET-77
Canon Lens Case LZ1328
Canon Lens Case LZ1435
Canon RF1.4x
Canon  RF2x
Extender lens cap RF

There’s a chance more will be added to this list. I am not sure when the RF 50 f/1.8, RF 85 f/2, and RF 70-200mm f/4L IS are going to be available, and if they’re going to be development announcements or not. I do expect the new lenses to be released at different times.

Continue reading...

Starting out EOS R

EOS R5 - RF24-105mm F4L, RF70-200mm f2.8L
Feb 13, 2020
Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

If you hear of anything regarding a software neutral density feature in the R5(6) it'd be good to hear about it. I really hope that they add this (a lot of other cameras have added it already) or else add it in a firmware update.
Like your train of thought. I've heard about these but never seen one in action. Can a graduated filter be software as well I wonder??
Would be great if these were available and would save a lot of messing around and carrying loads of breakable stuff!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2020
Can anyone else remember a tech company releasing so much new kit all at once - especially with so much riding on its success.

It's a lot of stuff. But to be fair - this announcement breaks it up into piece meal. One lens which comes with a hood vs. One lens and One hood. Ooh! Two things! A battery? A new battery grip is to be expected with something like the R5. New hoods were needed for all the lenses.

As for the announcement - wonder how long we'll be waiting on the 50 and 85 non-L's then? I was testing the focal distances for our usual birthday pictures in the living room just last night trying to see which one would be best. Have to shoot 85 in portrait for solo and keep the 35 for family shots. 50's not wide enough for the whole sofa and not close enough for individuals.

Upvote 0
I hope they announce the 85/2 soon. I’m a wedding photographer who loves the 35/85 pairing, with a 135 in my bag as an option, and so I’m beginning to think that my idea kit that I’m going to try to build to is:

35/1.8 RF (already own) - readily available for quick candids during Prep, close ups on very tight dance floors

15-35 RF - Portraits, ceremony, dance floor

50/1.2RF - Prep, Portrai

Rumored 85/2 - Macro, dance floor close ups to keep camera weight down on shoulder harness

Rumored 70-135/2 - Portraits, Ceremony

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
I know its extra profit for companies but a lens case literally costs 5-6 dollars to manufacture.
They could easily include it for a 1000 dollars lens just like Sigma does with much cheaper lenses.

I completely agree, which is why I use 3rd party hoods, I don't want to spend €70 on a hood for a €400 lens. Even €20 for the 3rd party ones feels a big high to me, but it's still a whoooooooole lot cheaper than Canon.

Upvote 0

Sibir Lupus

EOS M6 Mark II + EOS M200
Feb 4, 2015
The list does not mention an EOS M5 Mark II.

This announcement is only for RF based products. Seeing as Canon is announcing all of this at once, there's a good chance they'll have an announcement later this year for the EF-M based products as well (rumored M5 Mark II, M50 Mark II, rumored lenses, etc).

Upvote 0