Another announcement cycle is out of the way, so what’s next from Canon for the EOS R system?

jam05

R5, C70
Mar 12, 2019
"Form factor" has nothing to do with having the exact same dimensions. It means same general shape, ergonomics and approximate size. Here it means "has no viewfinder bump" plus likely only a very modest grip. The mount size will constrain the height of the body, sure, but even that can be worked around to some extent.

"Form factor" has nothing to do with having the exact same dimensions. It means same general shape, ergonomics and approximate size. Here it means "has no viewfinder bump" plus likely only a very modest grip. The mount size will constrain the height of the body, sure, but even that can be worked around to some extent.
"Form factor" by it's definition includes dimensions. Period. That's precisely what it means. The dimensions and ability to fit and be calibrated on a compact gimbal. Common sense.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
R3 gets more love.
A newer, significantly more expensive camera gets more features added. I’m shocked, simply shocked!

FWIW, the only thing I find useful about the R3 update is compatibility with the flash that I ordered long ago, that it will still be months before I actually receive.

Upvote 0