I really don't mind offending trolls.
Feb 8, 2014
Blyth, NE England
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

davidhfe

CR Pro
Sep 9, 2015
But it's only an opinion. A clickbaity one, at that. Do we have any reason to assume he knows something nobody else does?

And does it matter anyway? The results from the cameras look fantastic regardless of how it gets there.

He's got 1:1 crops for each and they show a pretty significant difference that didn't show up in DPR's 'real world' footage. The samples are more important than the mode. My understanding of binning is that you'd be more likely to see a better SNR, at the expense of sharpness. His test shot looks both soft and noisier.

I would also very much like to see the S35 mode 5.1K. I'm also not much of a video shooter so it's all gravy to me.

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2019
I don't know whether I want to crack open a beer and grab some popcorn before watching that... or just finally unfollow the northrups.
It is not a bad video, seems fair.

Hard to take the whole thing really serious since he does not seem to know the difference between bytes and bits but meh.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

davidhfe

CR Pro
Sep 9, 2015

Standard 4K looks worst than 4K HQ of course. about the method that canon use in their standard 4K i think i would agree with gerald. there is little jaggies on the lighting pole which is a sign of line skipping. but its okay i guess, cause canon give us some alternative to work with.

Two alternatives, really: The 5.1K APS-C/super 35 mode looks really great as well. I'd love to see a 5.1K RAW option here.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0