Err 50 on my 7D II with POP UP Flash..

Picked up a used 7DII as backup. Works great except... I tired to use the pop up flash first time today. and the camera flashes Busy MSG then I get the ERR 50 msg to turn camera off and remove batteries. I did this and with multiple lens and same issue. No issue with a attach flash. Guess I will need to send to CPS for repair. thoughts?

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi ronaldbyram.
Have you tried both methods to deploy the flash, button on front and put it in the [A]+ setting in the dark, I have had it where the button wouldn’t work, but auto deployment did! That was an EOS 300D though! :rolleyes:

Cheers, Graham.

Picked up a used 7DII as backup. Works great except... I tired to use the pop up flash first time today. and the camera flashes Busy MSG then I get the ERR 50 msg to turn camera off and remove batteries. I did this and with multiple lens and same issue. No issue with a attach flash. Guess I will need to send to CPS for repair. thoughts?

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
Hello Yes I just tried the A+ mode. THe flash pops up and says BUSY! then gives me the error 50. I did use external flash and it appears ok. I will contact CPS.
TBH I only ever use the pop up flash to trigger an off camera speedlight so maybe if it is too much to repair just get a wireless trigger and speedlight

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Ronald.
What Aussie shooter said reminded me, the EX90 will work as a trigger for optical flashes, and is about the same power as the pop up flash, and cost wise can be had for peanuts!

Cheers, Graham.

TBH I only ever use the pop up flash to trigger an off camera speedlight so maybe if it is too much to repair just get a wireless trigger and speedlight

Upvote 0