Canon’s Customer Loyalty program

Mar 25, 2011
They work by giving you a small discount on a new camera or camera lens combination, 5-15%, something like that. I've used it at least twice when the discount was 20%.

Basically, you give them the model and serial number of your broken camera. They then offer a discount on the new one, that includes refurbished ones. They send you a prepaid return box or envelope for the old one. When I did it, it had the address of a recycle place. Once, they told me to just trash it.

I used to pickup broken old cheapo rebel SLR's at garage sales for a dollar. Then, when I wanted a camera, I called with the serial number of one. I have a couple of them around I think. The discount is not significant now. I get 10% off thru my employee discount plan, or a sales tax rebate from B&H which is about the same.

Call them and ask. I've heard that they are offering a bit higher discounts than they were 5 years ago when I stopped using the program.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2019
Called canon during the last week discount...they are offering 1999 { ongoing 2499} for 5dmkiv ..it was 2045 through coupons of Canon pricewatch so i decided to hold till October end..may be I will get less than 1999 ...no big loyalty discount on refurb ... 1470 through coupon of pricewatch and 1499 through loyalty... this is just for everyone to know on loyalty discount
I'll post more update in October but the discount they offered is good {if we dont have coupon etc at pricewatch}

Upvote 0