www.canonrumors.com
GoPro Packs More of Everything into New HERO9 Black

New Sensor Delivers 5K Video
20MP Photos
HyperSmooth 3.0 Video Stabilization
New Front-Facing Display
Larger Rear-Display
30% Longer Battery Life

SAN MATEO, Calif., Sept. 16, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRO) today announced its new camera, HERO9 Black—featuring “more everything”—including a new sensor that delivers 5K video and 20-megapixel photos, next-generation HyperSmooth 3.0 video stabilization with in-camera horizon levelling, a new front-facing display, a larger rear display, 30% more battery life, and a Max Lens Mod accessory that brings Max HyperSmooth video stabilization and Max SuperView ultra-wide-angle photo and video to HERO9 Black.
Preorder the HERO9 Black at Adorama

HERO9 Black is available globally for an MSRP of...

Continue reading...

CSD

Photographer, WP Developer, and IT Geek.
Sep 3, 2015
Scotland
I'm wondering whether it's truly worth 200 dollars more than the Osmo Action.

From the videos, reviews and new features I'd say so. The auto-horizon and stabilisation is damned impressive and they've brought back interchangeable lenses. The main downside is the increased weight/size but in reality they've needed to do that for a while now to increase battery life. Colour science is a bit whack compared to older GoPro but that's down to the new sensor but hopefully they'll iron out those issues.

Upvote 0
Aug 22, 2020
From the videos, reviews and new features I'd say so. The auto-horizon and stabilisation is damned impressive and they've brought back interchangeable lenses. The main downside is the increased weight/size but in reality they've needed to do that for a while now to increase battery life. Colour science is a bit whack compared to older GoPro but that's down to the new sensor but hopefully they'll iron out those issues.

Auto horizon is definitely exciting, but stabilization is not really that much better or rather the Osmond appears to be very adequate. The lag on the front screen or rather the low fps are off putting on the Hero 9, though. I think for me it is not worth it and the only reason I would prefer it over the 8 is the replaceable lens cover. I am really hoping that DJI gives us a 1" action... One can dream. hahaha

But the good thing is we have options. :)

Upvote 0