Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70, to be announced this week.

Jul 26, 2020
Okay, so it's clear I really do have too much time on my hands now but I just had a thought about the two strange rubber stoppers on the import 1 and 2 covers and the question of a bolt on viewfinder. If like on the c100mkii, the flip out screen on this camera can rotate and fold down flat onto the side of the body, then this could be the reason for these rubber stoppers, to guarantee air flow to the vent the folded out screen would be covering and also to protect the LCD, in this position. This would also then allow a bolt on viewfinder on the back if it was needed and still allow you to transport the camera with the screen protected. Not sure about the mini XLR's though. Hmm, I may be over thinking this, maybe I should just get on with some real work. ;-)View attachment 192950
Your post has more credibility than the (CR1) posts today.

Upvote 0
Guys you have to understand back in the days of “hd” revolution most computers could not handle editing the h264 files! H265 is a codec that is not yet supported from the hardware. It’s not the the hardware cannot handle h265 but that it’s not supported yet! For example Apple’s iPad Pro (2018-2020) can handle h265. Nvidia also is in the works to support soon h265. Apple Silicon next systems will support for sure this codec with ease. It’s a matter of time h265 to be supported in most systems. So in conclusion don’t get to upset about the new codec.

Upvote 0
A closer look at the lines of the body, excuse my terrible scrawl, seems to show that this handle is perhaps built into the body more like a dslr.
I also noticed what seems to be a dslr style on/off switch next to the record button and a separate dial on the top left. Bit of a shame as the revolving dial next to the record button on the cinema handgrip was excellent, clearly I will not be buying one of these now, the whole thing is ruined!!
Im guessing the square nodules on the input 1 and 2 flaps are to stop them opening too far and covering the vent when in use?
Definitely getting one of these, although I clearly have too much time on my hands, studying fuzzy jpegs and not shooting, so maybe notView attachment 192915!
It’s not an on/off switch but an aperture dial just like in c100 Mark II. There is no way to put a switch so close to rec button on the handle.

Upvote 0
I guess 4500€ though I hope lower. If its under 3400€ I think I may replace my S1H with this =)
6k/6.5k is the price of c70. You get the best sensor Canon has ever produced with exceptional image quality and you don’t pay 10k as you would with c300 Mark iii. Ofc there will be some other limitations with c70

Upvote 0
The simultaneous use of both lens and sensor IS can give video stabilization near the level of a professional gimble. That is massively powerful, even on large projects, because pro-gimbals are large and unwieldy and can't get into tight places.
A tool is a tool. It is only ego and lack of imagination that causes someone to ridicule and reject a new tool.

Um...no...it does not. Camera IS is not intended to replace a gimbal and definitely does NOT perform anywhere remotely as well. It is intended to partially replace a TRIPOD in terms of its functionality.

Upvote 0
Um...no...it does not. Camera IS is not intended to replace a gimbal and definitely does NOT perform anywhere remotely as well. It is intended to partially replace a TRIPOD in terms of its functionality.
I wrote " sensor IS can give video stabilization near the level of a professional gimble" and useful for "tight spaces" in which gimbles cannot go
Reading comprehension courses are probably available in your area.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I wrote " sensor IS can give video stabilization near the level of a professional gimble" and useful for "tight spaces" in which gimbles cannot go
Reading comprehension courses are probably available in your area.

What tight spaces are you referring to? Rabbit burrows? I have never had an issue getting a gimbal into spaces.

IS is still nowhere near what a gimbal does. Like I said, it is intended to replace a tripod, not a gimbal. You can use it for walking and such, but it is still inferior to a gimbal, professional or otherwise.

Upvote 0
What tight spaces are you referring to? Rabbit burrows? I have never had an issue getting a gimbal into spaces.

IS is still nowhere near what a gimbal does. Like I said, it is intended to replace a tripod, not a gimbal. You can use it for walking and such, but it is still inferior to a gimbal, professional or otherwise.
LOL, seriously, you've never had to use a camera in a space too tight for a gimble?
I rest my case.

Upvote 0