Tokina officially announces the Tokina atx-i 17-35mm f/4.0 for full frame DSLRs

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Press Release: Kenko Tokina Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce the sales release of Tokina atx-i 17-35mm F4 FF lens.
Sales will commence on December 11, 2020.
Tokina atx-i 17-35mm F4 FF is designed to fit Full Frame DSLR cameras and supports Nikon F and Canon EF mounts. With its wide-angle properties this lens is a perfect gear for shooting landscapes, street snaps, architecture, and time-lapse. Constant f/4 aperture, robust design while maintaining a reasonable size and weight provide a new option for professional photographers who are especially active in travel.
Highlighted Features

Сompact lightweight and robust design – perfect for landscape, architecture, street snap, and travel photography.
Precise AF actuated by a combination of Tokina GMR sensor and SD-M (Silent Drive-Module).
Low vignetting, extremely low distortion, and good sharpness throughout the image.
Moisture protection.
One-Touch Focus Clutch system.

Tokina atx-i...

[url=https://www.canonrumors.com/tokina-officially-announces-the-tokina-atx-i-17-35mm-f-4-0-for-full-frame-dslrs/]Continue reading...

they couldn't make it a 2.8??
If this lens is optimized as a low weight small travel lens (landscape?) and they wanted very high IQ (very low distortions is welcome) I think f/4 is the only chance to do that with current lens tech (if you want to stay below e.g. 10 000 EUR.
Let's wait for the first reviews if it is a good lens inside its application range!

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Absolutely zero chance they updated the optical formula, or they would have told us. This Tokina's predecessor is a popular option for landscape and real estate photography, now $300-400 cheaper than a refurb Canon 16-35 F4, but agreed that they just updated the plastic casing to milk whatever money is still left in DSLR lenses for the next few years. The old design looked very 2003, but if you don't care, save some cash and get that. It is a solid little workhorse.

Upvote 0