The next Canon EOS R5 firmware update is coming next month [CR2]

trianbampol

CR Pro
Sep 14, 2020
I just want it to work like a 5D. Viewfinder locked for shooting and press the play button to see the picture on the screen. Why is that so much to ask for?

Its an option you have to activate in the camera submenu.

Red camera menu > red sub menu page 7 > Image review > Review duration > Off

This will free up the EVF to stop image playback while your shooting. Letting it behave like a DSLR.

Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
How do you let Canon know that you demand the R5 mkii comes with the Direct Print button?

Navigate via a web-browser to www.usa.canon.com and then look at the top left of your screen where you will see the word feedback.

If you point your mouse at that and then use your left finger to click on it, you will then be prompted by 3 choices.

Move the mouse to the bottom of the 3 choices and using the same finger motion as before, click on the Product option.

This will then open up a new window that allows you to demand Canon re-implement the Direct Print button or perhaps if you are desperate for 480P options on R5, then go ahead and demand that and while you are it, threaten that you are switching to Pentax if they don't accommodate.....

View attachment 195389
Thank you, marathonman, for your post.

I went ahead and used this method to send Canon a request to implement "aperture bracketing". Now I don't really expect them to just "up & do it!", but one can always hope they do, and being able to send it to them did make me very happy! :love:

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Unfortunately I do not know where I can 'flood' Canon with wishes. Maybe someone gives me a tip? I am CPS Platinum Customer btw.

Your best bet would be to email Canon Japan via their website directly.

I had to use google translate and simpler english so it doesn't get lost in translation.

It seems Canon Japan is more "connected" with their engineers.

A few months back I contacted them with feedback regarding the overheating issue. And they actually told me that they'll get back to me 2 weeks later. Which was the very date the firmware that improved overheat times was released.

They also say that they'll pass on all feedback to their engineering team. I'm not sure if Canon USA does that.

• Love
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Your best bet would be to email Canon Japan via their website directly.

I had to use google translate and simpler english so it doesn't get lost in translation.

It seems Canon Japan is more "connected" with their engineers.

A few months back I contacted them with feedback regarding the overheating issue. And they actually told me that they'll get back to me 2 weeks later. Which was the very date the firmware that improved overheat times was released.

They also say that they'll pass on all feedback to their engineering team. I'm not sure if Canon USA does that.

Pro tip: Write your letter, run it through the translator.

Then run it back through in reverse, the Japanese translation back to English.

If it looks the same as what you wrote, it's probably an accurate translation. If something went sideways, simplify your sentence structure and try again.

Upvote 0
What about their other R's like the R for example, does that still get left behind and forgotten about when it comes to 120fps in 1080hd ? who on earth uses 2.7k which the R has? I certainly do not when uploading to my youtube channel. It does seem to me that this camera is almost forgotten about unless there is a new lens available for the R5/R6, come on Canon move that firmware over to the R as well please.

Upvote 0
If they are listening... WHERE IS THE RF 35mm F1.2L USM??? For me and for a lot of photographers I know 35mm is "The" lens. ; )

And while they are at it designing 35mm lenses, a 35mm TS-R would be just amazing!

Give it AF like the recent rumours and there is less a need for f1.2 when you can move the plane of focus to where you need it.

Upvote 0