Canon to add to their Cinema EOS lineup with three new monster cameras [CR3]

RunAndGun

CR Pro
Dec 16, 2011
I guess the question now: is it possible to upgrade the C300 Mark III and C500 Mark II to the RF-mount (especially useful for the former with the EF-EOS R 0.71x Mount Adapter) or they weren't made to be compatible in the first place, and they are going with either of these new models to push customers towards 8K.

And of course they will also offer the smaller C50, C70 and C90 with the older sensors for those who don't need 8K or don't want to spend more. 6 cinema cameras with the RF-mount (plus the R5 C) are probably more than enough.
Nope. RF is too shallow. Thats why they had to redesign the ND mechanism for the C70, to be able to fit it all in.

Upvote 0

telemaque

Before Sunset
CR Pro
Nov 30, 2019
That looked completely terrible on my computer screen.
I have to guess that was not an 8K feed and YouTube butchered it.
Bottom Right of your screen you can choose the bitrate quality. By default it is lowest quality but you can change it. It started low quality on my computer too. But I change it to 4K quality and it looked awesome. ;-)

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Bottom Right of your screen you can choose the bitrate quality. By default it is lowest quality but you can change it. It started low quality on my computer too. But I change it to 4K quality and it looked awesome. ;-)
Thanks.
That looks absolutely incredible and this is coming from an R5 owner.

Upvote 0