Here are more images of the Canon EOS R3

mpeeps

Lovin' life on the Central Coast
CR Pro
Dec 5, 2013
California
www.mpeeples.com
Canon does care about clients but not at the expense of profitability. Without it, there would be very limited new product coming down the Canon pipeline. They could, however, offer the R3 at a very slim profit margin, knowing they will sell a ton of RF glass with healthy profit margins built in, to make up for it. $4000 or euro's isn't going to happen but $5-5500.00 could, IMHO. At $6k, I believe there will be some buyer reluctance, in the absence of adequate performance info, albeit I know that some of you reading this will buy two of them, no matter the price. I know it's only $500.00 difference but at $5500 I'll probably take the plunge but at $6000, I'll probably wait a bit. Still, I surprise myself, having never owned a "NEW" 1D series body, that this old man would even consider spending $5k + on a camera body. On the other hand, what have I worked and saved all my life for, if I can't have a new big boys' toy to play with, especially knowing that I can just pay for it. Ok, B&H, just give me a pre-order price and an order button to punch. I'm waiting..........
Pure validation. Thanks from this old retired teacher.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
R6 R5 R3...looks like Canon doest not want to produce sub $2000 mirrorless any more...
I think Canon needs to respond to the Sony ZV-E10.
It is a huge threat to the EF-M mount cameras.
It will not dethrone the M50 since it will cost so much less but it is rumored to cost the same as the M6 Mark II.
As much as I would like to see a new EOS M camera, Canon can respond by simply lowering the price of the existing M6 Mark II.
Although, all Canon would have to do is make an M6 Mark II with a screen that flips out to the side.
They would only have to make an announcement and that would steal much of the thunder from Sony.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
This R3 camera is a door stop a paperweight, a brick.

Stop the tease and bring on the R1.
I think that what Canon has in mind for the R1 is not there yet and the R3 will be pushing the boundary as it is and perhaps a stop-gap but I suspect it'll be filling a neglected niche. The idea of a flagship camera being the one and only, the best at everything is antiquated unless you can make it adaptable to various scenarios. For example, if it could function in two modes - higher MP lower speed and lower MP higher speed without any compromises.

Jack

Upvote 0

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
I think that what Canon has in mind for the R1 is not there yet and the R3 will be pushing the boundary as it is and perhaps a stop-gap but I suspect it'll be filling a neglected niche. The idea of a flagship camera being the one and only, the best at everything is antiquated unless you can make it adaptable to various scenarios. For example, if it could function in two modes - higher MP lower speed and lower MP higher speed without any compromises.

Jack
I agree. And many think the R1 will be just as you stated. Filling a broad gap.

Upvote 0

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
If the R3 is a brick, what is the 1DX3? Based on info so far, the R3 bests the 1DX3 in every area we know of. And I'm sure it will have more than 20mp. Most importantly it has the RF mount.
The R3 has an EVF. Big disadvantage for sports. But tell us what you know that "The R3" beats a 1DXMKIII. We all would like to know

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
The R3 has an EVF. Big disadvantage for sports. But tell us what you know that "The R3" beats a 1DXMKIII. We all would like to know
I’m sorry but that just isn’t necessarily true. EVF’s up to now have suffered somewhat from lag especially when panning with fast moving subjects, but anybody that suggests it is easy to pan with a high performance DSLR is being disingenuous, the mirror blackout at 12 and 14 fps is considerable, it’s just the devil many high fps fast panning shooters know.

As far as I can see they are both flawed systems, many of us are just more used to the DSLR flaws, so just pay your money and take your choice. But in ten years there won’t be a DSLR on the sidelines of a high end sports event, screen lag will get less and DSLR development has finished.

King Canute was smarter than people that stand and shout about DSLR’s (and I love DSLR’s).

Upvote 0