Firmware: Canon EOS R6 v1.4.0, adds Canon Log 3

Jan 29, 2011
I can understand the desire for proxies to different cards, I can’t understand the desire for ‘backup’ simultaneous card writing. Surely anybody shooting anything that demands immediate backup either isn’t using an R6 as a primary or at least has it attached to an Atomos or other external recorder.

To me it sounds like a case of made up demand by influencers doing their thing to users who won’t end up using the feature anyway. But maybe I became cynical

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Very nice to have CLOG 3 and dual card recording. Legit happy about that.

Now with that said (and I'm not trying to sound like a malcontent even though it will sound like that) but still waiting on ALL-I and the ability to decouple IBIS from lens stabilization at least in video.
I very much hope Canon lets us decouple IBIS and lens stabilization.
We need to keep the heat on Canon.
As for ALL-I, if it does come then it will make file sizes bigger and the overheating worse.
I am not saying that you should not ask for it but just understand what comes with it.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
I can understand the desire for proxies to different cards, I can’t understand the desire for ‘backup’ simultaneous card writing. Surely anybody shooting anything that demands immediate backup either isn’t using an R6 as a primary or at least has it attached to an Atomos or other external recorder.

To me it sounds like a case of made up demand by influencers doing their thing to users who won’t end up using the feature anyway. But maybe I became cynical
Well now you have 2 backups and not everyone always uses an external recorder

Upvote 0

sfericean

R3, R5, R6 x 2, & 1DXIII x 2
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Bellflower, CA
www.youtube.com
I very much hope Canon lets us decouple IBIS and lens stabilization.
We need to keep the heat on Canon.
As for ALL-I, if it does come then it will make file sizes bigger and the overheating worse.
I am not saying that you should not ask for it but just understand what comes with it.
I want ALL-I in 1080p. This camera is significantly sharper in 1080p than pervious versions (EOS R). If I would be able to shoot 1080p C-Log in ALL-I, I would be a happy camper. Robust video to push and pull without crazy file sizes, that upscales 4K perfectly for YT delivery (not to mention other projects where YT doesn't get involved and ruin the footage), and no overheating concerns ever again. Oh man, that would be sweet!!

Upvote 0

sfericean

CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Bellflower, CA
www.youtube.com
Everyone asking for All-I on the R6. Don’t you understand the SD Card slot doesn’t support the write speeds it would need to for the much bigger video files? The R5 does it because it has CFast cards.
Canon said they would add it, so I'm holding them to their word. Besides I don't want ALL-I 4K, I want ALL-I 1080p. Lots of good can be done with ALL-I 1080p CLog. Just saying.

Upvote 0
They will obviously only enable it with modes that do record to an SD card. So no RAW and no 4k120p.
Glad your here to state the obvious
They will obviously only enable it with modes that do record to an SD card. So no RAW and no 4k120p.
Well you can record 8k IPB to an SD, so why wouldn’t 4K120 IPB not be an option?

Upvote 0

sfericean

CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Bellflower, CA
www.youtube.com
When did they say that?
Canon is usually pretty open-ended about promises unless they say X is coming at a later date.
Sorry. Got slammed at work.

I guess I'm living in a dream world. I can't help but think I've heard it referenced that Canon was going to add CLog 3 and ALL-I but of course now all I find is "its rumored" stuff. Nothing better than getting old and going senile.

:whistle:

Upvote 0