New Canon EOS R5 firmware may come sooner than previously announced

SonicStudios

R5
CR Pro
Mar 4, 2020
We seem to be running out of time for this firmware update to come earlier than August 18th, and rumors elsewhere are showing August 19th as the likely release day.

Yep, just got my RF Macro 100, figure it was going to be around the FW release

Upvote 0

FrenchFry

Wildlife enthusiast!
Jun 14, 2020
Yep, just got my RF Macro 100, figure it was going to be around the FW release
I was hoping so too. Would be nice to get full compatibility for lenses released over a month ago. But since this firmware update is mostly video oriented, again, it's unlikely to offer me any meaningful improvements as a stills shooter.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SonicStudios

R5
CR Pro
Mar 4, 2020
Great Scott, now I notice that Canon Australia this month was calling for the R5 FW release sometime in the Winter. The plot thickens hahahahaha. Oh well, guess my V+ might be going on the shelf for awhile. Hopefully not ... :rolleyes:

The EOS R5 update will be available in Winter 2021, introducing compatibility to a range of Canon’s Cine servo zoom lenses, and making external full frame 8K ProRes RAW and 5K cropped ProRes RAW recording possible when connected to the Atomos Ninja V+ recorder and 5K cropped ProRes RAW recording with the Atomos Ninja V recorders.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Great Scott, now I notice that Canon Australia this month was calling for the R5 FW release sometime in the Winter. The plot thickens hahahahaha. Oh well, guess my V+ might be going on the shelf for awhile. Hopefully not ... :rolleyes:

The EOS R5 update will be available in Winter 2021, introducing compatibility to a range of Canon’s Cine servo zoom lenses, and making external full frame 8K ProRes RAW and 5K cropped ProRes RAW recording possible when connected to the Atomos Ninja V+ recorder and 5K cropped ProRes RAW recording with the Atomos Ninja V recorders.

Of course in Oz, it's "Winter 2021" now. (I point this out for people Up Over who might have forgotten how the seasons work Down Under.)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

FrenchFry

Wildlife enthusiast!
Jun 14, 2020
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia