The Canon EOS R3 will be $5999 USD

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The euro pricing for the Canon EOS R3 leaked earlier today, now we know that the Canon EOS R3 will retail for $5999 USD at launch. It was reported earlier that the EOS R3 would have a launch price of €6099 in most of Europe.
This price is $500 more than I predicted, but it still comes under the $6000 that I reported many months ago. Some may balk at the price, but I don’t think that anyone should be surprised.
The Canon EOS R3 will be announced on September 14, 2021 at 6AM ET.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

john1970

EOS R3
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
A bit more expensive than I anticipated. I was really hoping for $5500, but honestly the extra $500 does not make that much of a difference. However, it does cause one to ask the question: What will the R1 cost? I am guessing $7999.... Wow!

I am also a bit surprised that the USD and Euro price are so close.

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

FrenchFry

Wildlife enthusiast!
Jun 14, 2020
I am also a bit surprised that the USD and Euro price are so close.

Indeed, this is a fairly big departure from all other recent pricing...
Perhaps the euro or dollar price was not final when scooped up by Nokishita. Nokishita mentioned that the euro price was "not exact" due to ongoing edits, so who knows how the final prices will shake out.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
I think you'll need a lot more in Australia! Might as well ask for $20k to be on the safe side.
True. I was referring to USD but you are correct for over here. We generally double the price here. So it will likely be 12k per unit. My wife would sell my bollocks if i did that

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
If it's $5999, what would the price of the rumored R1 be? The Sony A1 costs $500 more ($6500) but comes with a 50 MP stacked & back-illuminated sensor.
R3 is a stacked BSI and will be a much better camera ergonomically so that cancells out the 50mp depending on ones use case. The R1 is likely going to be the one camera to rule them all and will be priced accordingly.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

navastronia

R6 x2 (work) + 5D Classic (fun)
Aug 31, 2018
They really should have called this the R1.

Why not? Modest bump in resolution over the 1DXIII, same ergonomics, same weather sealing. They could even come up with some marketing reason to excuse the mismatched card slots.

At the end of the day, it's too expensive to not be the flagship :confused:

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0