Show your Bird Portraits

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
I'm going to submit 3 "winter theme" photos in a local (small Kentucky town) art gallery. It's the kind of thing that only a few will see, so it's nothing special.

I whittled down what I thought might be the best received 5 "winter" photos I have, and wondered what others might think are the best 3 to submit. Since you all here have posted so many beautiful photos (especially of birds, which is why I chose this thread), I was hoping that you might mention which 3 you think might be best received by the public.

A01_9993_2_99%_2k90%.jpg

A02_2636_2_99%_2k90%.jpg

A02_3874_2_99%_2k90%.jpg

A03_0932_3_99%_2k90%.jpg

A01_4026_3_99%_2k90%.jpg

Thanks, & cheers!

Reactions: 15 users
Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
For me the two standout images are the scarlet bird taking off and the two birds interacting. The first you have got the shutter speed perfect and more importantly, perfect focus on the eyes. The latter I like the moment which tells a story.
Thanks, DistinctlyAverage. I also thought these were the 2 best ones, but I never know what others will think until I ask. I know the eye focus isn't perfect on the "in-flight" one, but as it was an unexpected flight launch I think I'm lucky it was "hopefully acceptable" (if not enlarged too much ;)).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I'm going to submit 3 "winter theme" photos in a local (small Kentucky town) art gallery. It's the kind of thing that only a few will see, so it's nothing special.

I whittled down what I thought might be the best received 5 "winter" photos I have, and wondered what others might think are the best 3 to submit. Since you all here have posted so many beautiful photos (especially of birds, which is why I chose this thread), I was hoping that you might mention which 3 you think might be best received by the public.

View attachment 201147

View attachment 201148

View attachment 201149

View attachment 201150

View attachment 201151

Thanks, & cheers!
From my point of view they are all nice. In my mind the two house finches is interesting because of the interaction but stays on 4th place (different people - different taste:))!

Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
From my point of view they are all nice. In my mind the two house finches is interesting because of the interaction but stays on 4th place (different people - different taste:))!
Does this mean you like all the other 4 better (including the cat)? I can only submit 3, so I have to pare it down to 3 one way or another.

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021

View attachment 201147

View attachment 201148

View attachment 201149

View attachment 201150

View attachment 201151

Thanks, & cheers!
2, 4 and 5

Upvote 0

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA
Thanks for all the "Likes", I took too many shots that day and have nearly finished sorting them.
The final results are now in two Albums on flickr:

Some of the more interesting Birds were nackered out by the Friday so they were rested, despite that, still great to spend a day
amongst such incredible Birds. I have had a few Birds in my garden that would react to a whistle and take food of my hands. Its
not such a common sight to have a bird flying straight towards you, same here, the Falconers did whatever we asked them to do,
and repeated it until we had the shots. The light was maybe too hard, but the autumn colours were great.

Cheers Brian
Such beautiful birds. Great shots!

Upvote 0

ISO64

CR Pro
Jul 2, 2015

View attachment 201147

View attachment 201148

View attachment 201149

View attachment 201150

View attachment 201151

Thanks, & cheers!
1, 2, 4

Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
Thanks, ISO64!

Thanks for all the "Likes", I took too many shots that day and have nearly finished sorting them.
The final results are now in two Albums on flickr:

Some of the more interesting Birds were nackered out by the Friday so they were rested, despite that, still great to spend a day
amongst such incredible Birds. I have had a few Birds in my garden that would react to a whistle and take food of my hands. Its
not such a common sight to have a bird flying straight towards you, same here, the Falconers did whatever we asked them to do,
and repeated it until we had the shots. The light was maybe too hard, but the autumn colours were great.

Cheers Brian
Wow - so many stunning shots! Well done, bjd.

Upvote 0

Raptors

CR Pro
Jun 26, 2013
Canada

View attachment 201147

View attachment 201148

View attachment 201149

View attachment 201150

View attachment 201151

Thanks, & cheers!

Upvote 0

RGB49

5DSR
CR Pro
Mar 31, 2019

View attachment 201147

View attachment 201148

View attachment 201149

View attachment 201150

View attachment 201151

Thanks, & cheers!
1,3 & 4 lovely images

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012

View attachment 201147

View attachment 201148

View attachment 201149

View attachment 201150

View attachment 201151

Thanks, & cheers!

Upvote 0