Canon R3 does not show 6k RAW or 4k HQ in the menu!!!

sfericean

R3, R5, R6 x 2, & 1DXIII x 2
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Bellflower, CA
www.youtube.com
What could I be possibly be doing wrong? I have tried everything my mind could think of
I do not have an R3 but the only thing I can think of is the card. Are you trying to record 6K raw or 4K HQ on the SD Card? If you don't have a CFExpress Card, I think certain options will either be greyed out or not show. Thats my most educated guess without actually owning an R3.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
I do not have an R3 but the only thing I can think of is the card. Are you trying to record 6K raw or 4K HQ on the SD Card? If you don't have a CFExpress Card, I think certain options will either be greyed out or not show. Thats my most educated guess without actually owning an R3.
Thank you for the suggestion, but I am using a proper card. Cfast! And, when I set the camera to shoot video with simultaneously proxy MP files, it does not allow me to shoot at 100 fps. I am sure this is an operator error as my R5 does all of this rather easily. :-(

Upvote 0

sfericean

CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Bellflower, CA
www.youtube.com
Thank you for the suggestion, but I am using a proper card. Cfast! And, when I set the camera to shoot video with simultaneously proxy MP files, it does not allow me to shoot at 100 fps. I am sure this is an operator error as my R5 does all of this rather easily. :-(
For whatever it's worth on my 1DX Mark III when I select RAW video with proxy recording on the second card, the high frame rate option is grayed out for me as well. See below. I have San Disk 512 cards so it's certainly not an issue of speed. But can you take a picture of the screen where you don't see the frame rates you are wanting to select?

20220102_211450.jpg

20220102_211434.jpg

Upvote 0

sfericean

CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Bellflower, CA
www.youtube.com
You know I just thought of something. I would imagine the R3 is is similar to the 1DX Mark III. When you select Raw recording with proxy from your yellow menus it will change the options that you can access in the Red menus to select your video type. To select all options you need to make sure that the Yellow menu Raw with Proxy is not selected and then you should be able to see all options on your Red menus. Hopefully I'm making sense.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
For whatever it's worth on my 1DX Mark III when I select RAW video with proxy recording on the second card, the high frame rate option is grayed out for me as well. See below. I have San Disk 512 cards so it's certainly not an issue of speed. But can you take a picture of the screen where you don't see the frame rates you are wanting to select?

View attachment 201902

View attachment 201903

Attachments

• no 6k.jpg
    no 6k.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 26
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
In the yellow menues there is no mention of resolution anywhere.
On of the reviewers on youtube (Gordon, I think) mentioned that the 6k resolution is under the '4k' icon.

Do you have your camera set to HDR mode? That locks out a number of things and isn't actually related to HDR video.

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
Not even in your yellow menus under card recording options?
Even after I turn off proxy in the yellow menu, R3 does not say
On of the reviewers on youtube (Gordon, I think) mentioned that the 6k resolution is under the '4k' icon.

Do you have your camera set to HDR mode? That locks out a number of things and isn't actually related to HDR video.
No, it is not on HDR. I think I will shoot the so called 4k under the 4k icon and check on my computer and update you all...

Upvote 0
Jun 25, 2012
Canada

This is correct: there is no "6K" icon. 6K resolution is under one of the 4K icons, as you have indicated. You will know it is 6K because the resolution will show as 6000x3164, despite having selected the 4K icon.

Upvote 0