Here are some Canon EOS R5 C specifications

It really is a miss not having the ibis. And I for one might be in the rare crowd but I would not use the 8k really ever. That oversampled 4K that comes out of the r5 is pretty incredible and also the data rates are manageable. I have a few lacie 6big raids ranging from
60-80 terabytes and those would get filled quick with all that 8k. I like my c300mkiii and I was looking at this camera for a companion to that but the no ibis is a no thanks
wait... the c300mkiii doesn't have IBIS

Upvote 0
I’d be surprised if this is over 5k.

it’s the same guts as an R5, the R5 sensor was capable of 8k 60fps its just if it had it the camera would have melted. Rolling shutter will also be almost the same as it was on the R5 so not bad at all.

new body, new fan, moved the lcd out of the way, give it some more recording options now it’s cooled and some extra codecs. It’s mainly software upgrades other than the body redesign.

They also most likely have a good pile of chips and semiconductors from the R5 production so costs should be reasonable.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Since I mostly take stills, but want to get into video as well, how much will the lack of IBIS affect the quality of my pictures? (Compared to the R5)

I come from a 5D mk2..
Well I have to say on 45mpx sensor its needed especially if you are moving a lot while shooting, or using a lot of non IS lenses, the micro jitters are a thing on the high mpx sensors. I think if you are mostly into photography the R5 is a better option. It's still a decent video camera.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Yeah? Do you use both cameras?The R5 might be less noisy in clog 1 but c log 3 is it very noisy

did you guys see this video??? the guy talks about it as if it's based on fact rather than rumor. it's so detailed and way beyond what we're reading... did he break NDA or something?
who says he signed an NDA. He doesnt have the camera. He simply could have gotten the info in advanced and isnt obligated to follow any rules just like canonrumors dpesnt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
he mentioned in his video that flipping the dial between photo and video totally changes from photo menus to video menus. is this how the higher canon cameras do it? the r5 is the highest camera I've ever handled.
i actually mentioned this in my post as a pro i didnt believe it would happen but that menu makes everything way better to use for video.

Upvote 0
Well I have to say on 45mpx sensor its needed especially if you are moving a lot while shooting, or using a lot of non IS lenses, the micro jitters are a thing on the high mpx sensors. I think if you are mostly into photography the R5 is a better option. It's still a decent video camera.
What are micro jitters?

I (mostly) use L glass, but not all have IS..

C70 has no ibis and it works just fine. I actually used it over the R5.

The difference is I mostly do stills… Probably 75% pictures and 25% video..

So i wonder how the quality of my photos are comparing the R5 with IBIS to a R5c without IBIS.

Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
What are micro jitters?

I (mostly) use L glass, but not all have IS..

The difference is I mostly do stills… Probably 75% pictures and 25% video..

So i wonder how the quality of my photos are comparing the R5 with IBIS to a R5c without IBIS.
you basically have to shoot at higher shutters. I have the 5dsr. the shake is noticeable if you zoom in. Shooting portraits with slow shutters with longer lenses without is might be an issue.

Upvote 0

DBounce

Canon Eos R3
May 3, 2016
Don’t mind him, he seems angry at life, like the world needs to know he won’t buy it, nothing satisfys him, pretty sad to be honest.
A hybrid without IBIS and a high resolution sensor is not a great thing imo. You are welcome to formulate your own opinion. I promise not to attack you personally over your gear choice.

Upvote 0