ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

HB

Jan 6, 2016
It's been so long since I posted on the site but still marvel at the quality of images contained herein, I have morphed through a 7D mk2 to 5Dmk4 to R6 since I joined and still feel on a learning curve.
I recently visited one of the Firth of Forth islands here on the Scottish east coast which is always a delight for producing frame filling images, Puffin and Razorbill attached, if I can manage the process.Puffin.a.IK. 4:5:22.jpgRazorbill..IK 4:5:22.jpg

Reactions: 17 users
Upvote 0

becceric

Making clumsy photographic mistakes since 1980
CR Pro
Oct 30, 2016
It's been so long since I posted on the site but still marvel at the quality of images contained herein, I have morphed through a 7D mk2 to 5Dmk4 to R6 since I joined and still feel on a learning curve.
I recently visited one of the Firth of Forth islands here on the Scottish east coast which is always a delight for producing frame filling images, Puffin and Razorbill attached, if I can manage the process.View attachment 203428View attachment 203429
Frame filling, indeed! Great to see. How close can you get to these creatures, and how stealthy do you have to be? While I’m asking, can you tell me the lens used? Thanks.

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I recently visited one of the Firth of Forth islands here on the Scottish east coast which is always a delight for producing frame filling images, Puffin and Razorbill attached, if I can manage the process.View attachment 203428View attachment 203429
:ROFLMAO:-we are all in "learning curves" (I hope: if you stop learning you are practically death...). Very nice images and I believe you are not at the platoo of your learning curve! Keep posting!

Upvote 0

HB

Jan 6, 2016
Thanks Guy's, I use the canon EF100-400 mk2 with RF adapter, on the R6. In these images with the 1.4 teleconverter attached to aid flight shots that interest me most. The Puffin was at 560mm taken at probably 4M+ and the Razorbill at 189mm taken using the flip screen as the camera was held looking down over a wall with the bird sitting directly below, minimal cropping only to assist composition. As long as you sit quietly the birds are very confiding and behave normally.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Just arrived in Rome on our first foreign travel for over two years. Brought the R5 + RF 100-400 with, and couldn’t resist taking a shot of a Sparrow. I know sparrows aren’t exciting but the first foreign bird in over two years is! And he is a very handsome Italian one (processed on my iPad).309A5768.jpg

Reactions: 13 users
Upvote 0
Just arrived in Rome on our first foreign travel for over two years. Brought the R5 + RF 100-400 with, and couldn’t resist taking a shot of a Sparrow. I know sparrows aren’t exciting but the first foreign bird in over two years is! And he is a very handsome Italian one (processed on my iPad).View attachment 203436
Enjoy your trip, Alan! Italy is always such a beautiful place!

Upvote 0