Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
My trip today: no reason to go mountain - the weather! Just took the short trip to nearby beach. I noticed in the last (work) week the Pacific Golden Plovers are almost gone. Today I didn't see any (not Rudy Turnstoun either) -it looks they are all gone... The big surprise was the Wandering Tatler (my old friend - on the same spot:)). After that it was just common locals.
Just Night Heron: I was attracted by the colors of the background... and something happen! One of these very rare "presents" by the nature! The juvenile was looking from above (just like me:)) how the masters are fishing!

Well: "A server error occurred. Please Try again later." I can wright but no way to post a photos. I hope it's just a temporary ...

Now (24h later - I didn't have the opportunity to try earlier) - it works!

DSC_1204_DxO.jpgDSC_1401_DxO.jpgDSC_1406_DxO.jpgDSC_1418_DxO-1.jpgDSC_1422_DxO-1.jpgDSC_1461_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
When I head into the local mountains, I usually park at the site of an old mine(pass required) but for some reason the gate was closed so I had to park a bit further away(no pass required). Only annoying as I'm walking towards the rising sun but on this morning I had a couple of Robins (the North American variety) rooting around for worms. One inadvertently showed me her nest so I took some pictures of her on it. On the way out for the evening, none of the Robins were around so I used the macro lens and rear screen of the R5 to take a quick snap of the nest and the three blue eggs inside. Last week she was on it again so I didn't bother going over but tonight when I stopped by, it was empty.
i-Qb4CGBv-4K.jpg

R5 RF100 f/2.8L IS 1/50 : f/4 : ISO 1000

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

jmeyer

http://www.jeremymeyer.photography
CR Pro
Dec 11, 2014
Wisconsin
jeremymeyer.photography
Summer Tanagers are quite rare in Wisconsin, but last week we had at least 3 at a local park. Scarlet Tanagers are common, but usually high up in the canopy. This past week, they were feeding on the ground or at eye level. Both species were feeding on spider webs that were loaded with midges. Smart birds!

Jeremy

Scarlet Tanager (male-spring) 108.jpgScarlet Tanager (male-spring) 109.jpgScarlet Tanager (male-spring) 110.jpgScarlet Tanager (male-spring) 116.jpgSummer Tanager (male-spring) 116.jpgSummer Tanager (male-spring) 119.jpgSummer Tanager (male-spring) 121.jpgSummer Tanager (male-spring) 122.jpg

Reactions: 15 users
Upvote 0

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
I'm having trouble posting images on the site...and my most recent post above I can't 'fix'.

Am I the only one?
The original post here:

...is now fixed...I was able to re-post the image.

At least for me, CR is working again. No doubt someone behind the scenes was busy making it all work.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
I couldn't upload an image. Could someone try as well.
My own 'new' test post failed:

'A server error occurred. Please try again later.'

A few hours ago, after repeated failures, I was able to upload one pic. But not now.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I couldn't upload an image. Could someone try as well.
I just tried and it works! Try again!
On other hand I got in different problem instead of "server error...." it was saying "file to big" until I realized that it takes the files from my original folder, not the small files that I put in different folder. Or may be I just messed up somehow...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
A stroll yesterday afternoon on which I took the R6 and 100-500mm to check a battery turned out quite unexpected. I saw a newly arrived Whitethroat, and a Linnet and Yellowhammer I rarely come across, and a Kite circled. They were all very far away and I upsized the images. The last two were at 700mm with the 1.4xx.

JT9A4196-DxO_Whitethroat-2_00x.jpgJT9A4161-DxO_Linnet-2_00x.jpgJT9A4245-DxO_700mm_Yellowhammer-gigapixel-low_res-scale-2_00x.jpegJT9A4002-DxO_700mm_Kite-gigapixel-low_res-scale-2_00x.jpg

Reactions: 13 users
Upvote 0