"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Cog

Dec 6, 2013
Qatar
Nice to see you around again!!! As usually nice photo, unfortunately they (Sanderlings) leave the Hawaiian Islands before they get their breeding plumage! Here they look not that colorful!
I don't often see them in colors either. I photograph mostly in winter time, when they are quite grayish.
And yes, I'm around. But shooting on a Sony camera + 200-600mm most of time. It works better for me in open spaces.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

jmeyer

http://www.jeremymeyer.photography
CR Pro
Dec 11, 2014
Wisconsin
jeremymeyer.photography
Great closeups, Jeremy. Wonderful detail.
How close could you get?

Thank you! On Monday morning I left work once I heard that the Kentucky Warbler was relocated in the same general area that it was found on Sunday evening. Little did I know exactly what I was in for... Usually songbird migration doesn't REALLY get going until the first week of May and even then, we usually have a lot of N or NE winds coming off Lake Michigan. Thursday, Saturday and Sunday last week, we had 30-50mph SSW winds and birds were blown all the way to Milwaukee and seemed to stop at one specific park, Warnimont, right on the lake. Monday morning was basically a fallout! I arrived at 830am and saw 2 friends watching the Kentucky Warbler. I was amazed at how many birds and warblers for that matter were around and singing. It was incredible! I never made it back to work and spent the entire day out taking pictures. 4500 of them! For the day, I had 98 species and 17 warbler species. All were on the ground and would land on branches 2' away eating on the swarming midges that just hatched. They were literally hopping around on the ground, through the shrubs at eye level and if you were really patient (of course I am), just surrounding you! It was one of those days that I have not seen in over a decade! A day with that many species can be expected around May 10th-15th, but never as early as April 25th! I had 26 birds that needed additional information to be accepted on eBird, most for being rare, because they were early or because the count numbers were too high for that early in season. Tuesday ended up being nearly identical, with a few other species showing that weren't around on Monday. 7500 photos between Sunday-Wednesday this week. That's my story!

Jeremy

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Beautiful pictures, Jeremy.
a025.gif

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Thank you! On Monday morning I left work ... I never made it back to work and spent the entire day out taking pictures. ... It was one of those days that I have not seen in over a decade! ... That's my story!

Jeremy
Jeremy, thank you very much for sharing this story with us. I am happy for you and even a little bit jealous. But I can imagine how you felt and can't stop smiling in front of my PC. Thanks again.

Upvote 0