Show your Bird Portraits

Never seen one here they are so rare. Some photos have been uploaded on a rare birds site taken in Marton Mere just now. Well done!
Thanks! That's the one, I believe it's been hanging around there for a couple of weeks. Thankfully there was a small crowd of more serious bird folk who knew what to look for (and where!). A couple of 100-500s were present!

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
A juvenile red-footed falcon today. My first time trying the 800mm for birds in flight - keeping it in the frame was a challenge when it got close, but the autofocus on the R6 is very impressive to my DSLR-accustomed mind! f/11 (of course!), 1/2000, ISO 800.
Kudos! Looks like the falcon caught a migrant or southern hawker for lunch ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Upvote 0
Where did you take that shot: there are few subspecies of the Scaly-breasted Munia and here I see only one with very dark face -except the juveniles but yor bird is definitively adult!
Great question and thank you for asking ISv.

I photographed that bird in the test rice fields of https://www.irri.org/

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
:LOL: Thanks for your feedback and humour. :D
I also noticed that we are lacking some of the humor from the latest times... We somehow got trapped in +/- "Academic exchange":). Last time I really was laughing here was Cog's "Nasty Owl" :ROFLMAO:. On other hand before we were able to find an excuse for jokes here and there (sometimes without a photo that actually triggers the humor and many times just for the humor!). And I think it was good? Are we getting older (no way:ROFLMAO:!!!!) or just the times are getting complicated?!

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
a025.gif
Thanks for sharing, Ramage.

Upvote 0