Here is the Canon EOS R6 Mark II & Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM

Still has the flippy and no tilt, too bad. Canon, would you please drop the flippy and incorporate a tilting screen. Or, add the tilt feature within the flippy that way photographers (not just content creators) will be happy.
As a photographer I prefer flipy cause it allows me to use the display in vertical shots (you know, a lot of use shoot vertically), the tilting would be mostly welcome for the classical horizontal video, but with vertical video exploding and all the vloging happening flip-out wins again cause it ads more options. The best solution is the one in the Sony A7rV I really hope that this will come to Canon someday...

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

roby17269

R5, H5X + IQ1-80, DJI Mini & Mavic 3 Pro, GoPro 10
Feb 26, 2014
New York
rdmfashionphoto.com
The sony is so dreadfully slow though. When it came out my thought was it couldn't compete with the R6. Of course right now sports is my thing so obviously the bias toward speed is there.
As you imply, for people not deep into sports, the A7 IV it is plenty fast. Take me for example: I don't do sports and use the faster frame rates of my R5 sparingly to avoid being overwhelmed by too many images. I typically set it on 3 frames per second and switch to 8 when I know that fast action is coming. 3 is great as I can take single images easily when I want that... with 8, even if I pay attention, I usually end up with 2-3 images even if I wanted only 1.

For most people, the headline is 33mp > 20mp, implying that the A7 IV is better than the R6. Even if I know very well that the # of mp is only part of the story, it is an easily sellable number

Upvote 0

bergstrom

Photographer
Feb 23, 2015
As a photographer I prefer flipy cause it allows me to use the display in vertical shots (you know, a lot of use shoot vertically), the tilting would be mostly welcome for the classical horizontal video, but with vertical video exploding and all the vloging happening flip-out wins again cause it ads more options. The best solution is the one in the Sony A7rV I really hope that this will come to Canon someday...

If you like tilt, buy a Goddam Nikon. I too love the flippy.

• Haha
Upvote 0

PhotoGenerous

R5/R6 + GAS
CR Pro
Apr 11, 2017
It's finally the quick shift button between Eye-AF and spot AF (NOT HOLD AND SWITCH, BUT TOUCH AND SWITCH) ...

Just kidding, Canon does not listen to their customers, so it will probably be a button that needs to be HOLD the whole time to switch to Eye-AF.
I have my AF-On set to "Direct Auto Focus Selection" and have the amount of AF methods limited to only Face Detection, Point, and Horizontal Large. Both on my R5 and R6. Just press to cycle. I always have Eye Detection enabled while in Face Detection mode, but you can also program a button to toggle Eye Detection on and off while in Face Detection mode if you want to make that further distinction.

Is that what you're looking for? Or it is something else?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2020
I've had a few theatre gigs recently, mostly I attend dress rehearsals so shutter noise is not an issue. But sometimes there will be audience members and even though the R6 is quiet, I still know it's making a sound, that people can hear it, and it may affect or bother the actors and audience. Electronic shutter is not an option due to banding under LED lights.

Canon, make it a stacked sensor and I'll finally have my perfect camera. Do it for the theatre!

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2021
What do you expect? Get an R5 for the price of an R6?
Of course, there won't be a lot of changes. I still think it will have the stacked sensor, because Canon currently doesn't have a 24M full frame sensor other than the R3 sensor. And it's unlikely they developed a new one specifically for this new model, when they already have the stacked sensor in production. It's cheaper for them to produce more R3 sensors than put development cost into a new sensor and have a separate production of non-stacked 24 MP sensors.
dear - why do you think Sony did not put A1 sensor A7M4 ? or why A9 stacked sensor was not put in A7M3 ? :)

it is cheaper to produce, my arse... it is NOT cheaper even for Sony which makes way more stacked sensors than Canon and for much longer time

try to engage some brain matter for once

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
hahaha mmd!!!
I met a R3 user in Hamburg on a boat trip. He had a really nice setup. But as I asked him what he is shooting normally with the R3... it was really quite :D. For sports he prefere still the 5DIII :D... he has one of the best current cameras, but doesn't know the segment to use it :D. Its just big, expensive -> must be nice to have. Fits exactly the video :D. But he was nice and not like the 1D user in the video haha.
I was following a Soccer player on YouTube who bought the 1DX III only because it was Canon's most expensive camera.
The money is not that much to him.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2020
It's finally the quick shift button between Eye-AF and spot AF (NOT HOLD AND SWITCH, BUT TOUCH AND SWITCH) ...

Just kidding, Canon does not listen to their customers, so it will probably be a button that needs to be HOLD the whole time to switch to Eye-AF.
Customise a button to "Register/recall shooting func."

Press INFO while doing this and you can set all of your desired shooting parameters. You can set the button to not engage AF, so you have a one-touch mode change (similar to a Custom Mode).

Upvote 0
Still has the flippy and no tilt, too bad. Canon, would you please drop the flippy and incorporate a tilting screen. Or, add the tilt feature within the flippy that way photographers (not just content creators) will be happy.
photografers mostly use viewfinders) and when the angles of shooting going crazy - flippy screen has way more capabilities. And it still can tilt all the way up, down and forward. Fun fact - content creators may need tilt screens more then photografers)
Yeahyeah, ideally a flip/tilt screen like on A7R5 would pleese allmost everyone, but it costs, and more complicated / less durable.

Upvote 0

You can assign you M-Fn button to do this - toggle between AF modes.

Upvote 0

dcm

Enjoy the gear you have!
CR Pro
Apr 18, 2013
Colorado, USA
The R7 is still backorded everywhere I look, so the 'lost sales' currently have no real world impact.
The R7 body option shows backordered everywhere, including Canon USA. You can get one with the "kit" lens immediately from most places I checked. I was in no hurry, so I ordered an R7 body only from Canon USA ten days ago expecting to wait a while. It arrived 9 days later, much to my surprise.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010

There have been several methods posted (so far, there are others, I use a different one) to achieve what you want.

Sounds like the problem isn’t Canon not listening to their customers. The problem is you not listening to Canon. See, they publish these things called user manuals that contain all sorts of useful information like the solutions posted above.

RTFM. Just kidding, you’re a forum troll so you’ll just keep complaining instead.

Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
Yes, it must have lost them tons of sales. I mean they're barely selling any, they've already had to reduce the price a couple of times just to shift the massive inventory they have cluttering up the warehouses, no-one is at all interested in buying this dog of a camera. What? Oh wait, never mind.....
I never implied that the R7 was a "dog of a camera", far from it I stated that I would have ordered one myself if it had been based on the R6 bodyshell. In terms of *specification* the R7 is excellent. But IMO it would have been cheaper if Canon had repurposed the R6 body for the R7. I also think it's better ergonomic design, and using the same body would have eliminated muscle-memory problems for those of us who use 2 camera bodies. Presumably the reason why they changed the body design of the R7 was that they wanted to sell it at a much lower price than the R6, but if they had done so then the R6 would have seemed massively overpriced. Your sarcasm about them barely selling any also misses the point that Canon, in common with other brands, are finding it difficult to meet the demand for almost all models, due to supply chain issues, primarily the global shortage of chips.

Upvote 0

navastronia

R6 x2 (work) + 5D Classic (fun)
Aug 31, 2018
I've had a few theatre gigs recently, mostly I attend dress rehearsals so shutter noise is not an issue. But sometimes there will be audience members and even though the R6 is quiet, I still know it's making a sound, that people can hear it, and it may affect or bother the actors and audience. Electronic shutter is not an option due to banding under LED lights.

Canon, make it a stacked sensor and I'll finally have my perfect camera. Do it for the theatre!
I also shoot theatre, so, you and me both!! Amen!

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0