Rumored RF lens roadmap update

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The next announcements from Canon will be a slew of lenses. We had reports of an announcement coming in late September, and that has obviously passed without anything being announced. We are very confident that a lot of new lenses will be announced between now and March 2024, but we’re still waiting for any solid

See full article...

Reactions: 1 users

Stig Nygaard

EOS R7, Powershot G5 X II & Olympus TG-5
CR Pro
Jul 10, 2013
Copenhagen
www.flickr.com
This will be built off of the EF-M version, which was one of our favourite EF-M lenses.
Is there a reliable source for this? I had the impression it was mostly guessing that a wideangle zoom would be "a conversion" of the EF-M lens?
Personally I'm waiting for a wideangle zoom to replace EF-S 10-18mm or 10-22mm. In other words, something that goes down to at least 10mm (75% of the photos I shoot with my wideangle zoom are shot at 10mm). Preferable wider (it should be "easy" to make with the shorter flangedistance of R-mount).
Also hoping for some R mount replacement for the EF-S 15-85mm. Again at least 15mm wide in the short end.

Sigh, doesn't sound like I should expect anything like those any time soon :-/

An "RF-S super-telezoom" sounds interesting though. Do they really mean super-telezoom?

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Canon RF 24mm f/1.4L USM // Canon RF 35mm f/1.2 or f/1.4L USM

No comment.
:ROFLMAO:
That's the best joke of the day. Thanks for making me laugh.
So glad, that I'm not in the market for those.
But if I was... and I can hear the roar coming from those eagerly waiting for those fast primes. :censored:

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

mdcmdcmdc

EOS R7, M5, 100 (film), Sony α6400
CR Pro
Sep 4, 2020
The RF-S, super telephoto zoom seems curious. I’m no optical designer, but I’ve always heard that, beyond about 200 mm or so, there is not much of a size or weight savings from the 1.6 CF image circle.

Being a crop user, I like the RF-S 11-18 rumor.

The 200-500 f/4L also sounds interesting, depending on its price. probably won’t be $3K because that’s where the current 100-500 is, but $10K is a nonstarter for me.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

photophil

In therapy for GAS
Jun 17, 2022
HD
The RF-S, super telephoto zoom seems curious. I’m no optical designer, but I’ve always heard that, beyond about 200 mm or so, there is not much of a size or weight savings from the 1.6 CF image circle.

I am mostly happy with the RF100-400 on my R6 and R10, which is comparatively light already and very versatile for what I use it for.
Honestly though, I cannot say what specs a long APS-C tele would have to have that would make it attractive to me.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0