Search results

1. R

Go ad-free and more by becoming a Canon Rumors PRO.

Done. Beautiful and definitely worth it!
  2. R

Canon 1DX iii or Canon R5 for wildlife photography?

I can't speak to the 1DXiii choice, but what I'm wondering is if shooting wildlife with the R5 8K RAW video capability in conjunction with its apparently fantastic focus tracking and animal eye detection and then choosing stills from the video frames might be something to consider. I'm no...
  3. R

Canon announces more mind blowing specs for the Canon EOS R5

Sure hope the dynamic range and low light performance of the new sensor are as impressive as the other announced specs.
  4. R

Is there still hope that we see in-body stabilization in the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III?

With the high price tag this camera will undoubtedly have it would reflect very poorly on Canon not to have all the latest and greatest technology included. But this is Canon so...
  5. R

What’s next from Canon?

I'd be very interested in a high megapixel mirrorless camera but only if it has specs good for birding/wildlife, namely great focus and tracking, good high ISO performance and fast fps. Introduce it with a new 100-400 or 200-600 lens and I'm on board!
  6. R

Canon Third Quarter 2019 Financials

Hey Canon, I'm ready to make the transition to mirrorless as soon as you produce a "pro level" body with robust features that truly competes with Sony. You haven't done that yet so I'm still waiting (and waiting and waiting). I hope that day comes, and sooner rather than later. Many of the...
  7. R

What’s next for the Canon EOS R system and the rest of the lineup?

The EOS R was a decent first attempt but would like to see Canon's successor to the 5DIV before making the move to mirrorless.
  8. R

What’s next for the Canon EOS R system and the rest of the lineup?

The RF lens line is shaping up nicely but Canon is really testing my patience as far as bodies go. I owned a 6D and replaced it with a 6DII for features other than the largely recycled 6D sensor. The last thing I want is yet another recycled 6DII sensor. I'm ready to make the transition to...
  9. R

As many as 7 new RF lenses coming in 2019 [CR2]

Great news on the lens side of the equation but I'm personally not going to jump into the R pool until Canon introduces a worthy mirrorless successor to the 5D Mark IV. I'm not buying anything on the DSLR side either so I'm totally holding back on Canon purchases at the moment. I feel like the...
  10. R

It’s finally happening, the PowerShot SX70 HS is next to be announced

I have an SX50 that I've used for concerts when I need lots of reach and the venue or band won't let you in with a "pro" camera. I like it for the reach and the ability to shoot in RAW. My results with post processing have been quite good, although I don't shoot with it over 800 ISO. It will...
  11. R

Lots of New mirrorless and DSLR cameras in the pipeline

The list is really disappointing to me. I have a 6D2 but am ready to move to 5D4 type specs (with advancements) in newer technology, ie mirrorless. Unfortunately it looks like my wait is going to be longer than I thought. No Canon purchases for me until they can deliver what I'm looking for...
  12. R

What lenses are coming next for the Canon RF mount?

Canon needs to fill out the RF lens lineup sooner rather than later. I've shelved my plans to buy future EF glass now and will make do with my current EF lenses. I also hope Canon will announce a more robust mirrorless body sometime soon. I'll wait for that body before making the switch to...
  13. R

Anyone else delaying lens purchases until we know more about mirrorless plans?

I have a 6D II and a sufficient collection of L glass but there's always that desire to upgrade to a better version of an existing lens or to acquire a new lens altogether. But there's a little voice I'm hearing lately that's telling me to hold my funds and keep the status quo for my dslr stable...
  14. R

Anyone else delaying lens purchases until we know more about mirrorless plans?

Is it just me or does anyone else find themselves delaying lens purchases until we know more about Canon's prosumer mirrorless plans and timeframes? I'm a serious amateur/hobbyist without the luxury of unlimited funds and will be very interested in moving to mirrorless if Canon offers a superb...
  15. R

FedEx is Now B&H Photo's New Primary Customer Delivery Partner

Great news! UPS delivery service can be dismal in my city. Much happier with FedEx service.
  16. R

A New EF 70-200mm is Coming in 2018 [CR3]

I wish they would update the F4 version for those of us that like to carry less weight.
  17. R

Ended: EOS 5D Mark IV & EOS 6D Mark II Bundle Deals

Re: Back in Stock: EOS 5D Mark IV & EOS 6D Mark II Bundle Deals at B&H Photo I was conflicted about the 6D Mark II (because of the lack of improvement in dynamic range) but decided to bite on this great bundle deal. I've owned my 6D for 4 years and it's been an awesome camera but I'm really...
  18. R

Canon EOS 6D Mark II Has Begun Shipping

Nope. After 4 to 5 years since the release of the 6D and its sensor I expect meaningful improvement in every respect to the updated sensor. This doesn't appear to be what Canon is delivering. That's just very disappointing to me and gives me a lot of pause.
  19. R

Canon EOS 6D Mark II Has Begun Shipping

I was so excited to upgrade my 6D to the Mark ii until I saw the dynamic range tests. Canon included the other features I wanted to see but DR is a very important factor for me and the reality that 4 or 5 years later Canon takes a step backward with DR in the Mark ii is just inexcusable. 4 or...
  20. R

Canon Officially Announces the EOS 6D Mark II

I love my 6D! I'm impressed with the new features of the 6Dii and will most likely get one. DR is very important to me because I would like to do a little less exposure blending in post if possible. Really hope to see real world reviews showing a meaningful improvement in DR over the 6D.