Search results

1. C

If you were dropping $5k...

17 TSE and 100-400 II P.S if you were dropping 5K, make sure I'm there to catch it!
  2. C

Ditching One Shot and shooting AI Servo fulltime

Resurrecting an old thread.. Does anyone use AI SERVO with fast lenses wide open? I find I have more success in SERVO with 85 F1.2 and firing off two shots. Camera is the 1DX so not sure if it's more accurate than other cameras.
  3. C

why has canon converted to 82mm filter size?

The newest version of the 16-35 is 77mm. The older 16-35 F2.8 is 82.
  4. C

Third party ring for Lee Filter Foundation kit

Wow thanks. Must be fate, just picked up a 16-35 and need a new 77mm adaptor.
  5. C

135mm f/1.8 DG OS ART Next from Sigma? [CR1]

Sorry, how are this calculations done? To me, I agree, it's a little brother to a 200 f/2 - if it's sharp enough for the cropping. Sorry it's late and I just assume everyone knows what I'm thinking.. For example, if you were to use the Canon 135 F2 at a low light reception/wedding, and...
  6. C

What I meant by 'mini' is the 200mm f2 smaller brother. Going to weddings and shooting a 135mm at 1/50 SS could save you a couple stops of noise. From your example, the 85 / 1.2 = 70 could be the smaller brother to the 200mm f2.8 ?
  7. C

Wow F1.8 with OS ? Just imagine what you could do with this at a wedding at a low light reception. With the 135L, you would be shooting at 1/125 to avoid camera shake. With the sigma and OS, assuming you have a few stops of OS, you could easily be shooting at 1/30 ish providing the subject is...
  8. C

Canon EF 200 f/2L IS & EF 800 f/5.6L IS [CR2]

The 200 f2L IS is definitely coming.. Since I just bought it.
  9. C

5D3 + 50 F1.2 L

Have you tried sending it to canon yet ? I seem to have the same problem with all my fast prime lenses though not as bad as the 50L. It exhibits similar behaviour with my 85L and 200L. I think I will send the camera and lenses to canon and keep my fingers cross.
  10. C

6D Top Focus Point Light Bleeding Issue

I remember my 5D2 did it too.
  11. C

Help me choose between the two: 70-200 f2.8 IS or 17 TS-E?

I had to make that choice a while ago. I decided to go with the 17mm tse. It is such an awesome lens and fun to use.
  12. C

Canon Announces The PowerShot N

I know I would probably never buy this camera but then this camera is not aimed at the likes of me but more for people like my fiance and her friends. They don't care for the IQ or noise level or full frame sensor, they want photos of friends they can edit and make it 'funny' to upload on...
  13. C

5D3 + 50 F1.2 L

I had the exact same experience with that combo. Only the centre points nailed focus every time. Ran it through Reikan Focal and manually made sure with the Sypder Lenscal and it was perfect with the middle points. But as you go to use the outer points, it's badly OOF. I got so fed up I was...
  14. C

Lexar Professional 64gb & 128gb 400X CF Cards for $85 & $170 at Amazon

Re: Lexar Professional 64gb 400X CF Card for $85 at Amazon Does this item not ship out of the U.S ?
  15. C

1Dx or lenses

I have similar lenses to you plus a 5D3 and had a decision to either get the 1dx or a 200L F2. It was driving me nuts, but in the end I got the lens. I think you will be happy either way.
  16. C

Have $2200 budget which lens(es) to get next?

70-200 2.8 IS I don't get why people are afraid of the weight. I carry the 200 F2 around all day and I'm not a big guy (65 kg, 140 pounds?). I own both and the versatility of the 70-200 is awesome for weddings. And if you have the 135 + 70-200 F4 in your bag, then it's the same weight as the...
  17. C

Aperture pronunciation - "F one point four" or "F one four" ?

When I'm talking to my photog buddies, I don't even say 'f'.. So 1 point 2, 2 point 8 etc.
  18. C

Rebel T4i vs 5D Mark III - $850 vs $3499 - Is it really worth 4 times the price?

4x the price does not mean 4x the camera. Im a bit of an audiophile having headphones ranging from $300 to $1400. Is the $1400 headphone 4x better sounding than the $300 ? More like 20% max. Obviously they're many features in a camera. That being said, the mark III is a joy to use. My mark II...
  19. C

Cost of 5DMk3 internationally

The cheapest I found in Perth, Australia for body alone is $3599 and kit at $4899. Not sure if its a grey import though. http://www.leedervillecameras.com.au/digital-slr-cameras/canon-dslrs/canon-eos-5d-mkiii