Search results

1. Pieces Of E

Firmware Updates: What's possible and what's probable

I did read the first post, hence my reply, but as usual, a smart remark like yours drives me back away from Canon Rumors yet again. Good day!
  2. Pieces Of E

Firmware Updates: What's possible and what's probable

Canon DID come out with a firmware update since the introduction of the first 7D MkII. We chose not to install it as there were mixed reviews on it. Thoughts?
  3. Pieces Of E

Let's talk about photographer-friendly monitors

Take a look at HP Dreamcolor z24x. It's an awesome monitor and is 99% Adobe RGB color space(which I shoot as my default color space). If you can afford it, they also make a 27 inch. No calibration needed, but it's there if you are a tinkerer, which I am not and don't need it.
  4. Pieces Of E

Review: Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II

I gave up reading for the annoying facebook, twitter, google+ and linkedin redirects down the left side of the page where the text is, insecure much?
  5. Pieces Of E

EOS 1dx Problems

Buy an external card reader or use the card reader if it came with that new apple and don't connect your $7,000 1Dx to a computer again. Didn't the first Error code 70 send a message?
  6. Pieces Of E

In need of a shoulder strap for 5D3 + 70-200 IS II

Have a look at Custom SLR Air Straps, they're very comfortable with the camera at your waist while secured around your opposite shoulder, and leave the monopod home unless you're shooting after dark. The Mark II's IS does just fine without one. ;)
  7. Pieces Of E

Question about our new 7D please

GPS?
  8. Pieces Of E

Question about our new 7D please

We just got our 7D MkII's and on the box it says under the bold Mark II (which is under the EOS 7D part), EOS 7D MARK II (G). Does anyone know what the (G) means? We live in the US and bought them brand new from BestBuy's website. Thanks!
  9. Pieces Of E

Found a new gadget for the M

I wonder if keeping it plugged into the wall for continuous use would overheat it?
  10. Pieces Of E

Inspirational...

Yup. As I sit at work looking at his images and locations, I wish we could do that too.
  11. Pieces Of E

Head nets to detract gnats and skeets - any suggestions?

My wife wonders if our cameras omit a tiny, maybe ultrasonic sound that might also attract flying insects? What does anyone think about that theory? I thought it might be a possibility. I do believe in the carbon dioxide theory, too. Looks like we could all share some biting insect stories as we...
  12. Pieces Of E

God, I used to get the Sportsmen's Guide in print years and years ago. Thanks for that link!
  13. Pieces Of E

Yes, I do have a thing against DEET and sprays. They don't play well with camera gear, not to mention it's hot as hell and muggy to beat the band 'round here - ya sweat like mad. The BugShirt is a great option and will get a good look. Of course, The Executioner tops all for entertainment value...
  14. Pieces Of E

We went to a Civil War site last weekend that sat adjacent to a swamp and by the time we got 20 feet from the truck, we were bombarded by gnats to the head, so we're wondering if anybody has any tried and true product(s) to deter such critters. I will not use spray at all. I did buy Coghlan's...
  15. Pieces Of E

Moonlit Landscapes

Awesome campsite Tom, were you just a slight bit concerned of werewolves? I'm serious, that looks like some pretty rugged, remote landscape and a perfect spot to pitch your tent. I know I wouldn't have slept that night either, would have been afraid to miss something awesome, if not just enjoy...
  16. Pieces Of E

Moonlit Landscapes

That sure is quite the bright moon. ::)
  17. Pieces Of E

Anyone here been to Punta Cana?

+100. Not to mention the God-awful humidity in Mexico and ever-changing weather and yes, thieves. Have fun slclick.
  18. Pieces Of E

Anyone here been to Punta Cana?

Leave the cameras at home and enjoy the sights, the drinking, sun, beach and most of all, family.
  19. Pieces Of E

A Summary of Sigma Lens Rumors

Why all the Sigma reporting here, isn't this Canon Rumors? ::)
  20. Pieces Of E

RLPhotos first impressions of the 16-35mm f/4L - Video

Ramon, first of all, I think your profile pic is awesome man, great job and cool perspective. What camera did you create this video with? Thanks, Eric.