Search results

1. A

Canon R5 - Another with Autofocus issues!

The arguing and bickering in this thread is unacceptable. I am removing several posts and locking the thread. Discipline will result.
  2. A

Attaching Images has Changed

When you attach a image, you will see a thumbnail with the word "Insert" in the upper left corner. Click it and you have the option to show it as a thumbnail or full size. It baffled me at first, so I thought I'd mention it to others. I usually select Full Image. Thumbnail is default if you...
  3. A

Go ad-free and more by becoming a Canon Rumors PRO.

Yes, just go to your account details and set your own custom title. The automatic titles are a way of promoting a user based on the number of posts. It gets updated from time to time. Attached is a screen shot of the custom title entry in account details. Also shown is the promotion ladder...
  4. A

Industry News: AP Photographers will only shoot with Sony gear going forward

Warning, several posts have been removed for political flaming. If you don't like the moderation, you will be shown the door. That happened as well.
  5. A

There are still surprises in store for the Canon EOS R5 announcement [CR2]

He removed the posts himself and made some unflattering comments about members. I don't think he wants to be part of the forum.
  6. A

Fundraiser: Australian Fire Relief Charity Shirt

This is not a political forum, and its getting out of hand. Stop the arguments about fires and global warming. I have my opinions as well, but since its not photography related, I post elsewhere. I've removed as many of the offending posts as I can find. I don't want to resort to bans, but...
  7. A

SPAM

Just a reminder. We have a team of 4 active moderators who review each and every new member before they can join the forum. We are currently rejecting many where our tools report a history of spam related to the email and IP of the person involved. We also check black lists, and many spammers...
  8. A

Did I miss the folder for RF Lens galleries?

I just added it for our users. Thanks for the reminder
  9. A

The Updated Canon Rumors Site & Forum Will Launch Sunday Evening (EST)

I've had a chance to test a beta installation over the past 6 months +. The mobile phone experience is night and day better. The forum software is indeed a tried and tested base that has been modified to fit the CR look and feel, even so, we are all going to have to learn a lot. At last, PDF...
  10. A

Can not start a new topic

Don, it should be ok now. The issue was too many posts! For some reason, when those member groups with high post counts were created, they were based on a group that did not have permission to create new topics. I've fixed that. Two member groups containing 4 people were affected.
  11. A

Mitakon Speedmaster 50/.95 shows up at CP+

Imagine what a Canon f/0.7 IS III would be like.
  12. A

DXOMark review: D850 gets a *100* sensor score

I've removed posts referring to Na**'s, sorry if I missed any. They are never funny, but since its a rare occurrence, I've issues warnings rather than a ban.
  13. A

A Canon DSLR Rumor Roundup Heading into 2018

I seldom resort to Bans, but I can and do BAN users, even those with lots of posts when they continue to insult others after a warning. I have also issued warnings. If you directly insult other members be prepared to get the boot. If someone is insulting YOU, report it.
  14. A

Anything Shot with a 5D Mark IV

There is a whole sub forum dedicated to images from the 5D Mark IV. Please start your own threads for your images, catchall topics merely pile up hundreds of pages that have to be rendered every time someone opens the topic. This topic is locked.
  15. A

Anything shot with a 6D2

Re: Anything shot with a 6D2 Topic locked There is a whole sub forum dedicated to images from the 6D MK II. Please start your own threads for your images, catchall topics merely pile up hundreds of pages that have to be rendered every time someone opens the topic. This topic is locked.
  16. A

Is there any way to sell stuff on this site?

A couple of years back, we experimented with a for sale forum, but, only a few users listed stuff. The moderators did not want the extra work trying to keep scammers off the forum, there was no way for buyers to five feedback on the items they bought, so it went away. Even though virtually all...
  17. A

All of a sudden I'm seeing clickbait here

You are probably seeing advertising based on sites you have visited. As I understand it, a update was made to the forum software that breaks ad blockers. Thats all I know.
  18. A

ADD / Post Picture using SMF Photo Gallery

I've turned on the attachments option again, I agree that's its easy to use. So, you now have a choice of Gallery or Attachment, or linking to your own site.
  19. A

Cannot attach a photo

There have been numerous posts about the change to the Gallery over the past few weeks, and a article added to site information. The process is now exactly the same as adding a hotlink from a outside website. Add the photo(s) to your gallery, copy the bbs code for thumbnail, medium size or...
  20. A

Like Buttom for posts

The system is based on posts, to give a user praise for useful posts, and conversely, if a post is not useful ... Its not about telling canon to change their products. If you don't like a product, don't buy it, its that simple, and your vote will have more impact on what Canon does than a...