Search results

1. CanonGrunt

FD TS-E 35mm f/2.8

Handheld wide open with an R6 and Novaflex adaptor. Gonna try for some tripod shots soon, but the IBIS on the R6 works wonders with these old lenses.
  2. CanonGrunt

Canon nFD 800mm f/5.6 L

Used an R6 with a Novaflex FD to RF adaptor. All Shot at f/5.6. The horses were shot handheld, which wasn’t easy, the rest on a tripod. Light was better with the horses though, so they turned out a bit better anyway I think. I was a good bit closer to the horses than the alligators...
  3. CanonGrunt

Where can I find good FD mount L series lenses?

Hi all, I'm currently trying to find good copies of FD L series glass. I have the 50 f/1.2L, and it is wonderful. It seems the 85 f/1.2 L shows up the most often, but the FD 14mm f/2.8 L, and the FD 24mm f/1.4 L seem to be the most elusive. Does anyone know good places to look? I scour eBay...
  4. CanonGrunt

Canon FDn 135 f/2

Hi, I shot this on with the Canon FDn 135 f/2 on my M5 with an FD to EF-M adapter (No added elements unlike the EF adapters). Shot wide open at f/2. I've been picking up these lenses where I can so I can do the ED Mika conversions on them and use them with my c500, but I've been testing each...
  5. CanonGrunt

Replacement battery for canon EOS 1v?

Does anyone know where to get a reliable replacement battery for the old EOS 1 V film camera. Adorama and B&H discontinued their offerings. Thanks!
  6. CanonGrunt

Black Magic EF mount URSA 4.6K camera

Hi, I was looking at getting the 1D C as an upgrade from my 5D MK III as I heard it was better than the Black Magic Cinema Camera, but I came across their new Black Magic EF mount URSA 4.6K camera that is running for roughly the same price as the 1DC. It seems pretty awesome, but I don't know a...
  7. CanonGrunt

Any talk or news about a 1D C MK II?

Hi, I'm looking into getting the 1D C for 4K Shooting in the next 6 months or so. Has anyone heard anything about its replacement? The C- 300 series is double the price, so out of my budget. Just trying to gauge wether it is a good time to pick up the 1D C or not. I heard rumor that they might...
  8. CanonGrunt

Film! What's the best Film left? Just got an EOS 1V Film SLR... and an FD A-1...

Hello everyone!!! :) As the title says. I just picked up an EOS 1V... or at least it will be in my hands at the end of the week. I also will have an FD mount Canon A-1. So... What is the best film to use? What are the best options left? I prefer black and white for the most part, but I will...
  9. CanonGrunt

Favorite or Preferred Film body?

I am doing this poll mostly because I am in the market for a film body. Right now I am still leaning towards an EOS 1V or an AE-1 Program and getting a few FD lenses. Please let me know what y'all think, what y'all like , and why! Thanks!
  10. CanonGrunt

EOS 1V Film SLR

Hello! Where would be the best place to pick up an EOS 1V? I want to find one in a good condition that will last a while. Any thoughts? Thanks!
  11. CanonGrunt

5DMK2 just dropped from canon website.

More changes in high end coming soon? Or just that time?
  12. CanonGrunt

Tri Pods!!!!!

Hello! So I have had horrible experiences buying tripods... My last one was this $120 Rocket Fish one that was advertised as heavy duty. I've barely used it, and the metal locking mechanism on one of the legs sheered right off. Not it won't stand up on its own for more than a minute or so...
  13. CanonGrunt

Tips for Shooting Fireworks

As the title says. Never shot fireworks before. Looking for the best tips, settings, lens combo, ect.. and any other good info you can provide. I have a 7D and T3i, 70-200 f/2.8 L MKII, 24-105 f/4 L, 10-22 EF-s, 100mm Macro f/2.8 L, 2X extender MKIII, 50mm f/1.8. Plus I have a tripod on the...
  14. CanonGrunt

100 L Macro rattle???? Is this normal???

Hello. I bought the 100 L Macro IS USM and I have found that it rattles on the inside. When you pick it up you can hear something hitting the sides. Someone told me that this was the hybrid IS, but it seems way too excessive to me. Thoughts? Any one else have this problem? Thank you for your...
  15. CanonGrunt

Poll: GP-ET GPS Receiver. 1DX, 5D MK III, 7D, 5D MK II...?

Just curious about the ratio of people who do and do not use the GPS receivers and which body they want to use one the most on...
  16. CanonGrunt

GPS Receiver GP-E2 and 7D

Did anyone else notice that the new GPS receiver that came out with the 5D MKIII can be used in the 7D? It looks like you just need to update the firmware on the 7D to use it. It has some restrictions when used with the 7D movie modes it seems. Also it says it can be used with the 1DX, so that...
  17. CanonGrunt

5D MKIII and iPad 3rd Gen.

Looking to expand some capabilities here. Have a few scenarios. Will it be possible to use the new iPad as a external display while filming with the 5d MKIII? Can it or the iPhone 4s be used to remotely view stills as they are shot? Can either be used as a remote for the 5D MKIII? Can it be...
  18. CanonGrunt

Canon 320 EX Speedlite

Has any one used the Canon 320 EX Speedlite? What were your thoughts? How was it for photography? Studio? How about Video? Was the LED Video light useful or worth it? How bright is it? Do you think it is best suited for the 5 D MKII, 7d, 60D, or Rebel Series? Any other thoughts? Thinking of...
  19. CanonGrunt

320 EX Speedlite

Has any one used the Canon 320 EX Speedlite? What were your thoughts? How was it for photography? Studio? How about Video? Was the LED Video light useful or worth it? How bright is it? Do you think it is best suited for the 5 D MKII, 7d, 60D, or Rebel Series? Any other thoughts? Thinking of...