Search results

1. AUGS

Canon RF 35mm f/1.4L USM video features

I have a suspicion that the latest R5 software update to 2.0.0 was a potential rewrite of functions/features/software libraries for the R5m2, but it may also allow for these types of suggestions to happen as new lenses are released.
  2. AUGS

Canon EOS R5 Mark II will ship in June or July

I don't think a few cameras/lenses sitting on shelves in Australia should be called inefficient or will solve the USA (or anywhere else) waiting list problems. Typically, we (Australia) are a smaller market, and get a small initial allocation. The fact that a few "may" be available doesn't mean...
  3. AUGS

Black & White

@Sporgon, your photo reminded me of one I took at Inch Beach, County Kerry, Ireland a few years ago. I did two versions: One on the meter, and one deliberately over exposed as separate shots. I'm not sure which one I prefer, but I like the subject isolation of the overexposed version Canon...
  4. AUGS

Black & White

Here are a couple of my recent images, converted to B&W. Something always draws me to black and white images, and sometimes feel they offer more than the original colour versions. Original processing in Lightroom Classic, denoised using Topaz Denoise AI, converted to B&W using Nik 6 Silver Efex.
  5. AUGS

Canon has registered a new ILC camera with regulators

“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.” Ansel Adams
  6. AUGS

Worst of Canon 2023: It’s Unanimous

@AlanF, I think I can say, "unanimously", that this is NOT a "cr*p" photo. I would be unbelievably proud if I took that shot!
  7. AUGS

Your Best Church Shots

@Del Paso, it was early to mid March 2018 on a 2 week trip - so many amazing places. There was still a lot of snow (and still some heavy snow in the north near Myvatn). Unfortunately, this also meant grey skies at night when the Borealis was active.
  8. AUGS

Your Best Church Shots

A couple from my Iceland 2018 trip.
  9. AUGS

Help with photographing a painting

Hi @knight427 , I did something almost identical to this a while ago for an artist friend. She wanted a color correct electronic copy, she uses very vibrant colors and wanted these reflected in the images. This was my setup - sorry, no photos. A constant light source at a distance on either...
  10. AUGS

My own personal curse of the EF 200mm f1.8

Before you send this back, and I'm sure you would have considered it, but are you working inside the minimum focus distance in those test shots? From TDP: https://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-200mm-f-1.8-L-USM-Lens-Review.aspx "Obviously, 2.5m (8.2') is this lens' MFD (Minimum...
  11. AUGS

Third party LP-E6NH equivalent batteries

Hi AlanF, Thank you for the information. I was looking for a recommended alternative a few weeks ago. Like you, I'm heading off on a very extended road-trip and will be off-the-grid for multiple 7 day stretches. I was looking for replacements for my 5D3 and 5DsR batteries and couldn't get any...
  12. AUGS

Focus Bracketing R5 Questions

Disclaimer: I do not have an R5 or mirrorless lenses, so cannot confirm my thoughts below. I read this article quite a while ago as the process had me intrigued: https://www.the-digital-picture.com/Canon-Cameras/Canon-Focus-Bracketing.aspx Reading your settings, I would guess that the...
  13. AUGS

Go ad-free and more by becoming a Canon Rumors PRO.

Although I haven't participated the forums very much (or lately), I must visit this site at least half a dozen times a day (especially in the current climate). I've also learnt so much from these forums over the years, that I am more that happy to support this site directly. Thanks CR Guy!
  14. AUGS

Teardown: Lensrentals.com checks out what’s inside the Canon EOS R

It looks like the body is a combination of both magnesium alloy and over-moulded glass-filled polycarbonate. If you look closely at the alloy photo, just under the EOS logo there are two steps (it is the same around the body, but this is a good reference point without creating images). In the...
  15. AUGS

Miscellaneous Wildlife

The secretive Australian Platypus.
  16. AUGS

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

Actually, it is 11.7MP. You need to apply the crop factor in both axes. 30 / (1.6H*1.6V) = 11.7.
  17. AUGS

A

18. AUGS

The Updated Canon Rumors Site & Forum Will Launch Sunday Evening (EST)

Yeah, this is what I get when I use the navigation menu on the side of the Forum, regardless of the linked page "Reviews" & "Home" get messed up from those that I tried. Both Internet Explorer and Firefox (61.0.1) on Win 7. Haven't tried my Win10 laptop. Rest looks nice and clean though.
  19. AUGS

What if Canon were no longer #1?

This! (Although my cameras differ) All cameras a great these days, regardless of manufacturer. If one works better for you, use it. Canon does a great job for me. The reality is, its the 6 inches behind the camera that matter the most.
  20. AUGS

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays from Canon Rumors

Merry Christmas and Happy and Prosperous New Year to all. Thank you all for your informative and guided posts throughout the year.