Search results

1. Marine03

6D print size/quality PPI confusion.

Okay so I'm trying to make a large print 36x24 I started with a RAW from my 6D and then some lightroom editing saved max quality JPEG. Uploaded print to nations photo lab which is telling me they recommend at least 180 PPI using photoshop it is claiming to be 152 PPI at 36x24 So a...
  2. Marine03

Help with upgrade from T3i?

I went from an XSI to a 6D and do a fair amount of low light and say go with the Full Frame. However as we all know the Canon 24-70 costs serious money... i just got the Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC and love it.
  3. Marine03

6D autofocus point issue any one have this?

Thanks for the help guys problem fixed. I had no idea the AF sensor was so small in the bottom of the camera I had previously been blowing air at the screen up top. But once I used the air down loan at the sensor my focus points started working again. I was | | close to sending...
  4. Marine03

6D autofocus point issue any one have this?

So I've had my 6D going on 2 years now about a month and a half back the farthest right AF point stopped working. Its tries to focus but hunts for a really long time. I have tried several other lenses and all the other points are pretty snapy but not this far right point. I have tried...
  5. Marine03

First Car shoot sorta city

First time trying an auto shoot tried it out on my company car so that I could share the results with someone that has a car worth taking photos of. Let me know what you think. Both shots 6D with crapy old Sigma and ISO 100-200 for about 20 seconds lit only with a flashlight.
  6. Marine03

Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD

I know when I read the DP review of the lens that showed the Mustache affect that the lens will produce. And with the 5D3 or 6D (which I have) you can't setup in camera corrects for this lens correct? Which means and I've never tried is there a profile one can download for LR5? Also...
  7. Marine03

Waterscapes

These had been shot with a 450D and nifty fifty as I recall
  8. Marine03

Long Exposures

Again 6D, shot at sunrise 10stop ND shot at 28mm F22 for 128sec Debating what I'll do to tweak the sky
  9. Marine03

Long Exposures

Emerald Isle North Carolina, nice quiet beach town I'll have some more long exposures up soon I hope
  10. Marine03

Long Exposures

Great question, I just didn't feel this other shot had the same type of visual impact on the wide end as it did up tight.
  11. Marine03

Long Exposures

made edits to remove dirt spots however if you blow it up near the guy is a bird, there is a strange line through the image, didnt notice any type of scratch on my lens and using heal etc in lightroom and I cant get it to go away.
  12. Marine03

Long Exposures

a few specs of dirt made it onto my lens that I still need to remove, but I like it for being my first long exposure, 6D ISO 100 62 seconds using B+W 10 Stop ND
  13. Marine03

So ready for a move up from 450D - But how big? 5DMIII / 6D or ..? Edit: DONE !!

Re: So ready for a move up from 450D - But how big? To 5DMIII / 6D or ...? Other than possible new exciting sensor tech for APC to lessen the gap with FF, I just upgraded 1 month ago from the 450D to 6D and LOVE IT!!!! I mostly shoot landscape, kids and some weddings and there are enough...
  14. Marine03

Initial impression after using 6D... now 2 weeks later

Re: Initial impression after using 6D Its been 2 weeks since I started using the 6D and without even leaving the house I have about 1100 clicks which is a far faster rate than I took with my old 450D. To be honest its fun again shooting because the limits are so much higher and I have more...
  15. Marine03

Initial impression after using 6D... now 2 weeks later

Well it came yesterday and as a whole "wow" what a step up from a rebel. The feel, the size is just about perfect. I only had the cash for the body but plan on getting glass in the next few months here. With that being said I was using the Nifty Fifty. Even with all lights on my 450D...
  16. Marine03

Swap-ability of batteries?

My 6D should arrive today, which comes with 1 LP-E6 but I also have several LP-E5 from my old Xsi(450D) LP-E5 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (7.4 V, 1050 mAh) new for EOS 450D/XSi and 1000D LP-E6 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (7.4 V, 1800 mAh) new for EOS 5D Mark 2 Does anyone know...
  17. Marine03

Amazon vs B&H for purchase?

I ended up going with Amazon because they offered 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime which meant 2 day free shipping so I will have it for my Birthday on the 6th. So I saved about 50 dollars that way compared to B&H. Only purchased the body, so I'll be using my Nifty Fifty for a while...
  18. Marine03

Amazon vs B&H for purchase?

Buying a 6D today... will be huge upgrade from my 450D, the only question I have is for ease of returns or warranty does it matter?
  19. Marine03

UL to launch camera testing standard

I'm guessing canon is involved and am curious if they will test bodies already on the market. I have family who are fairly high up the ladder there so ill see if I can get more info
  20. Marine03

UL to launch camera testing standard

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 NORTHBROOK, Ill.—Underwriters Laboratories is launching the first digital-camera performance standard in February and plans to have some cameras certified in time for ISC West, Bob Jamieson, UL general manager, life safety and security industries, told Security...