Search results

1. c-law

Adobe Lightroom 6 Information Update

It's nice to know that Adobe has such a high opinion of our work. ???
  2. c-law

Canon EOS Rebel SL1/Kiss X7 in White

I have to say that I am extremely tempted to get that 40mm in white and mount it to a 1Dx then turn up at the local sports arena to take shots of the big game alongside all the other 1Dxs and white lenses. ;D
  3. c-law

Lightroom or Aperture for friend

I started with Aperture 2 in 2008 and used that and then Aperture 3 up until this time last year when I switched to Lightroom 4. Overall I find Lightroom is faster and mostly has a few better editing tools (it is a lot better at highlight and shadow recovery), but I always preferred the way...
  4. c-law

Long exposure Portrait with second curtain Flash - Advice.

The problem with her arm ghosting is not from ambient light falling on her. Your flash doesn't need to be more powerful. It is from her arm moving during the long exposure and allowing ambient light to burn through the flashed area because the arm is no longer block that light and create a...
  5. c-law

Show your Sunday shot of today

Good stuff guys! :) Here is a shot I took today while exploring Winchester Cathedral with friends.
  6. c-law

2nd Camera Dilemma

Quite close is maybe a tad generous. It's not close to a 5DIII but switching from an L to a pancake on any EOS will make you start to think it is just from the change.
  7. c-law

Why CSI agents used only Nikon Cameras ?

Actually, I believe the correct answer is that Nikon won the bid for the government contract to supply all the surveillance equipment to law enforcement for the states of Nevada, Miami & New York. ;)
  8. c-law

Your best street shots of any kind.

Here are a couple more shots from Nicaragua:
  9. c-law

2nd Camera Dilemma

I have the original x100 and I love it. I found that I just wasn't taking photos for fun anymore. I'd be using my gear on jobs but at the end of the day or weekends I just didn't fancy lugging round my DSLR and large L lenses. So I bought the x100 because it was well loved by a lot of my...
  10. c-law

Your best street shots of any kind.

I've been doing street photography on and off for years now. Mostly to catch culture and local flavour when I travel. It is a lot of fun. These shots are from London recently: These are from South Africa earlier this year:
  11. c-law

Where is Canon's X100s?

Seeing as it is a self-contained system (no changeable lenses to by into, etc) why not just buy the Fuji x100s? Waiting for a Canon when the Fuji is already so good doesn't seem to make sense when having a Canon wouldn't be aided by or improve your current system. Unless you were asking why...
  12. c-law

Canon Confirms 70D; Future of Semi-Pro DSLR is FF

I downloaded the file and notice that all the metadata was stripped from the photo. I wonder what camera was used to take it?
  13. c-law

a digital photography noob has a question about image quality

I have been to South Africa a couple of times before and will be there again in April. I can tell you that a lot of Safari tours happen early in the morning to try and catch the animals and you will be glad of the better high ISOs from the 5DIII. I found that while I was there I wanted to make...
  14. c-law

My first Studio!! Einsteins or Bowens??

Another very pleased PCB Einstein customer here! I really love my lights, battery packs and all the mods I've used by them. I haven't used Bowens other than a quick look at them before I knew much about how to use lights so I can't comment. Chris
  15. c-law

Canon 50mm 1.8iii... L... Real or fake?

Reminds me of this "performance mod":
  16. c-law

Picking the Best 24-70mm f/2.8 Lens by WOMP

To be fair, he said that it was the best for him and that you should go back to look over their results to see which is best to you. Chris
  17. c-law

help-bizarre happening with 1DX and canon 50mm/f1.2L

If this is true, don't send it back. Sell it on eBay as the new Canon 1DxE for $1000 over the normal price! ;) Chris
  18. c-law

More Big Megapixel Talk

High MP will trickle down eventually. Canon will put it in the top end first to make money from people who can afford the price but can't afford to wait. Then it'll trickle down to a roughly $3500 camera after a while. Chris
  19. c-law

New Wide Angle Zoom Discussion & Opinion

Can anyone explain to me if it is possible or desirable to create a UWA like a 14-24mm with a drop in filter system like the superteles. Why? Why not? If the front elements are to bulbous to fit a filter just as the front elements on superteles are just simply too large then why don't they have...
  20. c-law

*POLL* Microsoft Surface Pro? Windows 8? LR4 & CS3 on a tablet!?!

It looks like it could be promising but I will reserve judgement until anyone can actually review a copy of one. So far since they announced it Microsoft has been completely hands-off for journalists except for powered-off models so it looks like they are still working on it and ironing stuff...